View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #87 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBee370 View Post
This. I think it's unrealistic for any N/A car for that matter. I too sold my Z with every bolt on and putting down 315 rwhp seemed pretty good for what it was. In fact it was a big improvement especially with a tune and improved throttle response. (of course having coilovers spec'd up nice n tight made it feel much snappier)

I'm in an M3 now and it's the same story. I'm not going to get much more than about the same gains (as the Z) with bolt on's. It is starting from a much stronger point but the overall gain at the end of the day is probably equal (+50 hp) with full bolt ons. I won't lie... it's a different car alright but you know, that comes at a co$t.

I miss my Z for what it was and would absolutely recommend one to anybody. It's still the most bang for the buck although it's getting some pretty stiff competition coming out.

Even with the 5.0s. We can get to 440whp or so with intake, tune, and full exhaust. Beyond that you need FI. Unless you are OK with shelling out several thousand bucks for cams (510whp), but FI is the best bang for the buck without a doubt. I think that's true for all cars. If you want cost-effective power, go FI. Otherwise realize that bolt-on gains will be limited.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote