View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Turns out it's the master cylinder.

There's a thread in the Tech section where dozens of folks chime in and say they're having the same issue, apparently pretty common. At least mine happened on a downshift from 4 to 3 going into turn 1 of a fast track, instead of backing out of the driveway or pulling out into traffic like many folks... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Are you on the stock clutch still? I'm still on the stock CSC and stock clutch and somehow it is still working fine despite countless track days. Okay the clutch is probably getting a little tired but other than that so far so good. Aftermarket clutches seem to accelerate the failure for some reason, perhaps the stronger pressure plates add too much strain for the weak part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD