View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooskey View Post
This intake has already been a topic on this forum before. Most people bched about the foam filter half way up the intake tubes. Personally I dont car for long tube intake designs. The last half of the intake tubing going into the TB is going to get heat soaked anyways, and the "cold" air (or whatever ambient temp air; that is always changing from season to season) that is coming in does nothing but challenge your tune. I prefer to me on a more consistant basis.

Soooo. I can't say a whole lot right now, but...

The "foam filters" are bypass valves, to prevent water lock.

The fender-well placement seems to only restrict air when the car is static, ie, on the dyno.

After engine is fully warmed IATs are 2-5 degrees above ambient while in motion.

The tubing is larger diameter than Stillen.

Probably requires tuning for best results.

Has some cool tricks and touches that other intakes don't have, like Venturi devices in strategic places.

That's about all I can say right now, but I will say that if you are doing a serious build for combined street/track (meaning you want CAI since you aren't adding aero assistance mechanisms to the car and ditching VVEL, etc) then this intake, with proper tuning support, is most likely the best part you can get, off the shelf.

Wish I could be more forthcoming, but I signed stuff that says I can't, yet. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1331399925.694245.jpg (93.4 KB, 338 views)