View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #103 (permalink)
Mike@GTM
Not an active Vendor. DO NOT BUY

Drives: '13 Hot Lava FR-S
Mike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Mike@GTM answered this well!

There is nothing wrong with our headers or exhaust. In an N/A application they have big gains across the board...

I do not want to stir the pot as well but the stage I kit is inefficient! I am glad to see GTM finally is making a bigger more efficient kit that can support less back pressure.

I do not think that our headers will fit with the stage 1.5 kit though. I have not seen the kit first hand but I have been told that with the new design, there is no room for our headers!

Thanks, Tony
Mmmm...I wouldn't call the Stage 1 "inefficient". See, there's always a trade off, as you should know. Bigger is not always better.

In fact, there are a lot of subtleties involved with designing a forced induction system. It's not as simple as just tossing a turbo or supercharger on a motor and getting good results. There is an thread on here that exemplifies what can happen with that mentality.

The Stage 1 kit (much like a small turbo), has superb mid-range torque for a centrifugal supercharger. The Stage 1.5 (like a mid sized turbo), gets to full song a little later than the Stage 1, but still quicker than Stage 2 (like a large turbo).

Each one of our stages has its place depending on what the end user is doing with their car. No one stage is going to be the best for every circumstance. Flatly calling our Stage 1 inefficient just illustrates that not everyone fully understands how forced induction really works.
Mike@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote