View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
Someone here did there's for about $500. Not sure of the results.
i think that was me !
yup 500$ is what the shop charged me.

According to the Mine's spec TB , the modified TB that I got flow a little more,
Half of the shaft is cut remaining only 1 side of the shaft and the butterfly plate has a sharp edge to allow a bit more flow !

as for the result, when I did the test , I gained a peak of 11whp which was done after my custom CAI (oversized MAf tube) gained 11-14whp right before adding the bigger TB
At that time I only wanted to see if there was something to gained, but I couldnt really do the whole tune because I didnt had time and I was having a big problem that took me/us almost a complete year to find . About why the ECU was pulling timing everytime *cracked flywheel*

Im planning to redo the whole breathing mod testing , 1 by 1 early april.
I had that ign timing problem right before I started with the breathing mods in Jan2011

the plan for each test in April is
-Stock intake system (280whp sae dynapack) * i need a new baseline*
-my 350z HR intake manifold swap
-with the oversized TB
-with my custom CAI (321whp sae dynojet & 324whp sae dynapack)
-stock intake manifold + big TB + custom CAI

I just need to work on 2 other tune then I will be ready to have everything done quickly on the dyno

Last edited by Megan370z; 01-07-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote