Thread: HPDE Insurance
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
RE: How did the front end slide out? Were you mid-corner, entering the corner, exiting?

At 21:10 in part 2 watch what happens. Maybe a little oil or something. Rubber from the line when wet. I don't know. I didn't mash it at all.

I like the concept of braking a little bit later and later. And yes I do have plenty of room to go faster. I like the way you think. Thanks
Yeah, I watched that and was going to comment about it - if your front tires went out, you'd have simply plowed forward. But you didnt, your rear end started stepping out, and you did a momentary countersteer to the left to correct it. The computer was already doing the magic for you really so you'd have likely been fine, but that definitely looks like your rear end was simply stepping out.

I could see him egging you on to brake later on that one corner (right after 21:35) - I can almost FEEL yourself mentally trying to prepare for it haha. Theres no harm in overshooting it a bit once, but working your way STEADILY to that point is the key

Last edited by MightyBobo; 11-23-2011 at 08:29 AM.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote