Thread: Wheel Hop
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Killer View Post
I've done some calling around, talked to the guys at Z1 and we went back and forth on a few things but it came down to upgraded bushings. Does anyone know if there are any out yet for our car? I called SPC and they don't have any but they said they will give me a call back once they find something. CZP is doing their research on this as well to help with my situation. Z1 suggested the Kinetix tractions arms or upgrading the toe bolts.

M4a1 Mustang- I have the RE-11s. Would you mind going into detail about pre-loading? I believe you are referring to an auto-x track? I only do dragstrip.
I'm talking about drag racing. What you want to do is put load on the drivetrain while you are staged so you don't "shock" it when you launch. This is more about keeping stuff from breaking, but as smooth a launch as possible will help with the prevention of wheel hop. It's a little difficult without a line-lock, but I've found the best way to do it is to deep stage and hold the clutch out just to the point where it barely begins to engage.

You just want to avoid rolling up to the staging box and then waiting there. If you've got slack in the drivetrain when you launch, it's going to take up very quickly, shock the rear end, axles, etc, and likely get the rear tires spinning right away. Can kill a launch, or worse it can kill the rear end.

Takes a bit of practice but it should help some. I would send jnaut a PM and see if you could get him to describe to you how he launches his car. He runs RE-11s and has put down the quickest bolt-on 6MT times in the 370 so far.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote