View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 12:49 AM   #360 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfourteen View Post
unless you aren't producing adequate voltage to charge the battery I wouldn't worry about it, size of the battery in this case will have more to do with CCA than holding a charge.
Let's just say, with a 20% underdriven crank pulley and a motorcycle battery, whether the battery gets sufficient charge to keep starting the car depends largely on how you treat it. If I start it up and take it for a decent drive every day, it's fine. If I leave it cold for several days, and then go through a few start/stop cycles in the driveway testing something, it can get to the point where it won't start pretty quickly.

There are a lot of inbetween scenarios where I barely have enough CCA left to get the car going again after several short trips without a long recharge run (esp if it has recently been left off for days).