View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
280z/300zx
Track Member

Drives: 280z, 300zx, Vette
280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly yellow View Post
Actually that is a good deal, just a terrible tax rate, but you can't do anything about that. At least you don't pay state income taxes in Nevada. 4K sounds awfully high for taxes and fees though.
The taxes come out to 2700 and some change. Then add the 750 for shipping. Thats 3450. The remaining is the title and BS dealer fees for the paperwork that every dealer charges.

I checked it out today, apparently Nevada is different than California in that Nevada dealerships don't take care of the registration. So as much as I hate it, it seems this is going to be the best deal I can get. Just not used to having to pay registration outside of the initial car purchase as in Ca the dealer adds it into the purchase. Thought they were trying to pull a fast one on me but it's just a different state with different laws than I'm used to. So I guess come monday I'll give my deposit and wait for my car to arrive.

One last question. Lets say that for some reason the car is delivered and has some small flaw like a decent size rock chip on the hood. Can I refuse the car and still get my deposit back? Only reason I ask is because a couple months ago I almost bought one Z but what held me from buying it was that there were several rock chips on the hood already with only 30miles on it. Just curious to know where I stand once the deposit is made. I mean I hate to be picky but I figure it's my 40k I'm spending.
280z/300zx is offline   Reply With Quote