Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   ZCON 2010 (http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/)
-   -   Thank you to Chris Karl and Z1 Motorsports (http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/23328-thank-you-chris-karl-z1-motorsports.html)

NIZMOZ 11-15-2010 11:44 AM

<shakes head> at the cry baby (Mr. Nash)

I guess people seem to forget that everyone who ran that convention have real full time jobs and the ZCCA is a side thing. Even though it has taken them a while, they are working on it.

Give it a break dude. Grow up. Everyone is tired of your bickering. And at least you can't close this topic like you have all of your other ones so you can have the last say even when locked.

Robert_Nash 11-15-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIZMOZ (Post 810125)
<shakes head> at the cry baby (Mr. Nash)

I guess people seem to forget that everyone who ran that convention have real full time jobs and the ZCCA is a side thing. Even though it has taken them a while, they are working on it.

Give it a break dude. Grow up. Everyone is tired of your bickering. And at least you can't close this topic like you have all of your other ones so you can have the last say even when locked.

So...you speak for everyone now? When were you appointed the spokesman for everyone at the http://www.the370z.com/ - I must have missed the announcement.

Moving on, "dude"; most people work a real job and do this sort of thing on their own time; some of us even do many other things while working full time and support the Z community so please forgive me if I don't shed any tears for the allegedly overworked and overburdened ZCCA. No one forced ZCCA to take on the 2010 convention on their own - that was 100% their decision (more like a decree as a matter of fact). It's nice that they did but if they weren't capable of doing it without screwing a bunch of people then they shouldn't have done so. I've also said many times and in many outlets that ZCCA deserve big accolades for what went right at the convention (and a lot did go right). By the same token, they shouldn't cry or hide (nor should others cry on their behalf) when what obviously went wrong, and in some cases VERY wrong, are pointed out and questioned. Especially so when part of what went wrong continues for weeks or months after the event.

I can't help but wonder what evidence do you have that "they are working on it" - perhaps you would like to share your insight with everyone? I question that statement because were they "working on it" as you claim, this and the other threads would not exist because they would not be necessary...these issues are only still issues BECAUSE ZCCA HASN'T DONE WHAT THEY PROMISED or WHEN THEY PROMISED.

I grew up a long time ago and one of the things I learned early on is that being a person of integrity is one of the very few things that truly matter and one of the most important things you do to be a person (or an organization) of integrity is to keep your promises. ZCCA hasn't kept their promises to more than one person, including the person who started this thread who STILL DOESN'T HAVE HIS TROPHY 107 DAYS POST EVENT- if you don't like hearing that perhaps you should move on...no one is forcing you to read, much less participate in this or any other thread.

Perhaps instead of hanging around a forum you don't support (a forum, I might add, that is dedicated to a car you don't even own); might I suggest your time would be better spent doing something other than puerile attempts at insulting me...perhaps something like asking ZCCA why it hasn't kept its promises or what you can do to help them rescue their severely tarnished reputation? It would seem to me that would be much more helpful than being an apologist for their lack of action.

NIZMOZ 11-15-2010 01:46 PM

Guess you missed it when others posted in the last topic telling you they were tired of hearing it as well. Go back and read.

Insulting you? You have attacked members that support the ZCCA or don't agree with you. You continue to do so. So what if I don't have a 370z? I paid my dues when this site started. I know the owner of this site as well.

Like I said, and everyone will agree. Just LET IT DIE already. If it was 12 months past the event, then I would be mad, but not 3-4 months. Again, you have no clue what it takes to run a event like this for the Z car community. So again you speak from no experience on this. It takes time especially when everything was not local for them like it was for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 810195)
So...you speak for everyone now? When were you appointed the spokesman for everyone at the http://www.the370z.com/ - I must have missed the announcement.

Moving on, "dude"; most people work a real job and do this sort of thing on their own time; some of us even do many other things while working full time and support the Z community so please forgive me if I don't shed any tears for the allegedly overworked and overburdened ZCCA. No one forced ZCCA to take on the 2010 convention on their own - that was 100% their decision (more like a decree as a matter of fact). It's nice that they did but if they weren't capable of doing it without screwing a bunch of people then they shouldn't have done so. I've also said many times and in many outlets that ZCCA deserve big accolades for what went right at the convention (and a lot did go right). By the same token, they shouldn't cry or hide (nor should others cry on their behalf) when what obviously went wrong, and in some cases VERY wrong, are pointed out and questioned. Especially so when part of what went wrong continues for weeks or months after the event.

I can't help but wonder what evidence do you have that "they are working on it" - perhaps you would like to share your insight with everyone? I question that statement because were they "working on it" as you claim, this and the other threads would not exist because they would not be necessary...these issues are only still issues BECAUSE ZCCA HASN'T DONE WHAT THEY PROMISED or WHEN THEY PROMISED.

I grew up a long time ago and one of the things I learned early on is that being a person of integrity is one of the very few things that truly matter and one of the most important things you do to be a person (or an organization) of integrity is to keep your promises. ZCCA hasn't kept their promises to more than one person, including the person who started this thread who STILL DOESN'T HAVE HIS TROPHY 107 DAYS POST EVENT- if you don't like hearing that perhaps you should move on...no one is forcing you to read, much less participate in this or any other thread.

Perhaps instead of hanging around a forum you don't support (a forum, I might add, that is dedicated to a car you don't even own); might I suggest your time would be better spent doing something other than puerile attempts at insulting me...perhaps something like asking ZCCA why it hasn't kept its promises or what you can do to help them rescue their severely tarnished reputation? It would seem to me that would be much more helpful than being an apologist for their lack of action.


Robert_Nash 11-15-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIZMOZ (Post 810256)
Guess you missed it when others posted in the last topic telling you they were tired of hearing it as well. Go back and read.

Insulting you? You have attacked members that support the ZCCA or don't agree with you. You continue to do so. So what if I don't have a 370z? I paid my dues when this site started. I know the owner of this site as well.

Like I said, and everyone will agree. Just LET IT DIE already. If it was 12 months past the event, then I would be mad, but not 3-4 months. Again, you have no clue what it takes to run a event like this for the Z car community. So again you speak from no experience on this. It takes time especially when everything was not local for them like it was for us.

Miss it? No I didn't "miss it" and by others I assume you mean your cohort/club member in SanAntonio (you know who I mean; the guy who told me to "get the **** out") and the one other person who has expressed letting the subject die??? Do you seriously purport that the opinion of you and two other people is indicative of "everyone" as you claimed in your last post? Clearly it's indicative of your opinion as you've made many, many posts apologizing for ZCCA and deriding my comments but I would not be so quick to assume that "everyone" else feels the same as you do. Moreover, while you and others would like this topic to go away I doubt that Kevin thinks so and since this is his thread his is ultimately the only opinion on the matter that carries any weight. I would also remind you, again, that NO ONE here is required to "HEAR" anything - if this thread and the comments within bother you so much do yourself a favor and ignore it.

I guess telling me to GTFO or calling me a cry-baby and similar names isn't an insult in your opinion but it is in mine...I've attacked no one...I have responded to puerile and childish comments from you and your friend in SanAntonio and if you've honestly believe I've "attacked" you or anyone else then please feel free to report each of those offending posts to AK and let him decide what needs to be done.

Maybe you do know what "everyone" thinks as it appears that you are omniscient seeing as how you "know" what I do or don't have a "clue" about - I can only wonder what other talents are you hiding. :bowrofl:

You continue to cry on behalf of ZCCA and the fact that they don't live in Nashville as if that is supposed to excuse everything yet you also continue to completely ignore the simple fact that THEY AND THEY ALONE dictated that the 2010 convention would be held in Nashville without the support of a local club...that was clearly indicated to them in May of 2009 and formally communicated to them in August of 2009 yet they decided to move ahead anyway - if they weren't up to the task then they shouldn't have taken it on. Further, not living where the convention was held has NOTHING to do with their abject lack of follow-through weeks and months AFTER the convention ended...geography has NOTHING to do with not getting trophies out in a reasonable amount of time.

While you may think three or four months is reasonable; I doubt that many people would agree with you. However, if folks keep apologizing for ZCCA instead of putting pressure on them to do what they should have already done, 12 months post event to have all the trophies out, as you mentioned in your post, may well be an optimistic time line.

Sibze 11-15-2010 03:13 PM

:drama:

kevr6 11-15-2010 05:05 PM

I did get an email with contact info for the person responsible for resolving the trophy issues. I just have to find time to contact him I guess. We'll see how it goes!

Robert_Nash 11-15-2010 05:36 PM

I hope it works out for you - keep us posted. :tup:

It's too bad that you have to keep asking ZCCA to do what should have already been done at the non-awards awards banquet; then promised to do back in August when you started this thread to thank them for taking care of it only to find out later that nothing has been taken care of so here we are in mid-November and the mess still isn't straightened out. I keep wondering when they are going to actually award first place for 6th generation People's Choice; the website still says "TBD". :shakes head:

NIZMOZ 11-16-2010 09:22 PM

You crack me up. You continue to attack the ZCCA and the members of the ZCCA because you have some grudge against it. And saying you haven't makes me laugh. I am done arguing with someone who has no reason to complain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 810449)
Miss it? No I didn't "miss it" and by others I assume you mean your cohort/club member in SanAntonio (you know who I mean; the guy who told me to "get the **** out") and the one other person who has expressed letting the subject die??? Do you seriously purport that the opinion of you and two other people is indicative of "everyone" as you claimed in your last post? Clearly it's indicative of your opinion as you've made many, many posts apologizing for ZCCA and deriding my comments but I would not be so quick to assume that "everyone" else feels the same as you do. Moreover, while you and others would like this topic to go away I doubt that Kevin thinks so and since this is his thread his is ultimately the only opinion on the matter that carries any weight. I would also remind you, again, that NO ONE here is required to "HEAR" anything - if this thread and the comments within bother you so much do yourself a favor and ignore it.

I guess telling me to GTFO or calling me a cry-baby and similar names isn't an insult in your opinion but it is in mine...I've attacked no one...I have responded to puerile and childish comments from you and your friend in SanAntonio and if you've honestly believe I've "attacked" you or anyone else then please feel free to report each of those offending posts to AK and let him decide what needs to be done.

Maybe you do know what "everyone" thinks as it appears that you are omniscient seeing as how you "know" what I do or don't have a "clue" about - I can only wonder what other talents are you hiding. :bowrofl:

You continue to cry on behalf of ZCCA and the fact that they don't live in Nashville as if that is supposed to excuse everything yet you also continue to completely ignore the simple fact that THEY AND THEY ALONE dictated that the 2010 convention would be held in Nashville without the support of a local club...that was clearly indicated to them in May of 2009 and formally communicated to them in August of 2009 yet they decided to move ahead anyway - if they weren't up to the task then they shouldn't have taken it on. Further, not living where the convention was held has NOTHING to do with their abject lack of follow-through weeks and months AFTER the convention ended...geography has NOTHING to do with not getting trophies out in a reasonable amount of time.

While you may think three or four months is reasonable; I doubt that many people would agree with you. However, if folks keep apologizing for ZCCA instead of putting pressure on them to do what they should have already done, 12 months post event to have all the trophies out, as you mentioned in your post, may well be an optimistic time line.


Robert_Nash 11-17-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIZMOZ (Post 812290)
You crack me up. You continue to attack the ZCCA and the members of the ZCCA because you have some grudge against it. And saying you haven't makes me laugh. I am done arguing with someone who has no reason to complain.

If you are so convinced that I've attacked ZCCA or anyone, why have you not reported those alleged offending posts??? :confused: Could it be that you don't want AK to look too closely at what you have said to me?

You seem to have significant difficulty distinguishing between “attacking” someone (or something, like ZCCA), and making observations about what to most are obvious and serious problems and shortcomings that occurred before, during and now WELL after the convention. EVERYTHING said that is critical or negative about the convention that has been discussed in this and other threads (including the thread Chris Karl tried to censor) could have been completely avoided and would have been unnecessary had either better planning been done before the convention and/or problems that could have been addressed post-convention had actually been addressed in a reasonable amount of time…neither were done which is the only reason why this or the other threads exist.


Your devotion to ZCCA in springing to its aid and excusing its behavior is commendable but shortsighted…I’ve heard you and others offer many excuses for the problems or heard attempts to pass them off as being of no consequence followed by name-calling and insults but I’ve heard little in the way of genuine acknowledgment of the problems or, more importantly, addressing them.


I've not "attacked" anyone...I haven't called anyone names (unlike you and your brother San Antonioian); I've stated facts and observations. It’s obvious that you and some at ZCCA don’t like having those problems pointed out in a public forum but your lack of being happy about it doesn’t mean that pointing out those problems are “attacks”. However, if you truly feel I’ve attacked you or anyone then again I invite you to report the offending posts…that, rather than calling me names, would be the responsible thing to do.

When a person or an organization does something wrong, the good ones, the ones with character and backbone, do whatever is necessary to make it right. Those that have no character don’t. The latter sort do nothing at all or they deny the problems even happened or they try and ignore it all or they censor information they don't want the public to see or they (or their apologists) lash out at those who would dare to point out problems. Anyone who has bothered to read what has been said in this or other threads can decide for themselves whether ZCCA is the type or organization with or without character.

Obviously, in my opinion, ZCCA is without and I don’t apologize nor see any reason to apologize for saying so. You said I have a grudge against ZCCA but that's not correct...I don't have a grudge against them; I just don't like being dictated to, insulted, misled or censored.


http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-g...on-2010-a.html


http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/270...-received.html



Sibze 11-17-2010 10:35 AM

^^^ Big font = more :drama:

Robert_Nash 11-17-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sibze (Post 812734)
^^^ Big font = more :drama:


Fixed it for you. :icon18:

Robert_Nash 11-17-2010 01:15 PM

Mr Nismo (which seems a strange screename given that he doesn’t have a Nismo or apparently even a Z anymore) has indicated that he’s “done arguing with me”…well...he’s said similar things before in other threads and kept posting anyway so who knows! In any case, whether Mr. Nismo is really “done” or not I guess we’ll see, but I AM done and after this post I’ll leave the thread to Kevin (and Kevin I do apologize for hijacking this thread...that truly wasn't my intention).

The comment about arguing is curious as I’ve heard little “arguing”. What I have heard and what seems generally true about ZCCA and those who jump to its defense is that it seems mostly unable to acknowledge the problems that existed and that continue to exist. When they do acknowledge the problems they discount them as unimportant, lash out at people who dare to point them out or offer their favorite excuse, the geography (which of course has ZERO to do with the continuing problem of getting the trophies and the results right).

With regards to the geography excuse, ZCCA dictated to all that the convention WOULD be held in Nashville…they and they alone bare the responsibility for that decision so cries about the difficulty of working from places other than where the convention was held are rather self-serving and in any case, if ZCCA was unable or unwilling to do what was necessary to deliver the convention while working from outside of Nashville then they should have made different decisions at the beginning; not cry about or have their supports cry about the difficulty after the fact.

What is truly important (and what seems to escape many here which I find very troubling) is a simple principle – the principle that when an organization takes a person’s money that organization has a fundamental and absolute obligation to deliver what it promised to deliver. And, when things do go wrong, as they almost always will, it is correcting the problems and making it right that should be paramount; not casting blame or offering excuses or even offering an apology because an apology that isn’t followed by action to correct the problem is a worthless and meaningless gesture.

When it comes to a ZCCA convention, people spend huge amounts time and money to prepare their cars, travel to the venue, pay for their lodging and food and significant registration fees not to mention likely taking several precious vacation days from their work just to be able to be there – it is NOT a small investment of either time or money. Those who attend have a basic right to get the experience they were expecting...to be treated fairly...to be told the truth...to not have to wait months for things to be set right. However, ZCCA, or at least some of its current leadership as well as some others seem to feel otherwise; at least that appears to be the case given their reaction and lack of follow-through to the very obvious and undeniable problems with this past year’s convention.

Some of that reaction has been that I and my local Z club has been personally insulted by ZCCA executive staff (and I have the emails to show it)…one entire thread (“It’s The People”) was the subject of an attempt at censoring when ZCCA, by misrepresenting (that’s the nicest way I can put) where things stood between myself, my club and ZCCA, got AK to make the thread unavailable for anyone to access/read. To his credit, when this was brought to AK’s attention, he made the thread visible again. Other information has also come my way that I can't discuss but all the above has let me to the following opinion...my opinion, and this is simply my opinion, is that ZCCA feels, or at least acts like, the Z community is there to serve ZCCA rather then the other way around…that ZCCA dictates and we are simply supposed to obey and God help anyone who doesn’t genuflect and fall into line with ZCCA's pronouncements.

I said in my original post about the convention that “It’s The People” referring to my belief the it is the Z community at large that is important…that make a Z event, any Z event, something special…something worth supporting. Given that, I would have hoped; even expected, that the Z community would not stand for the games ZCCA seems to want to play but it appears that was a false hope based on some of what has transpired in this and other threads about the convention as few seem to care. If that’s the case, so be it…if people want to overlook the problems or simply don’t care one way or the other than I’ll leave it at that and go away (and I can hear the sighs of relieve here in Nashville from as far away as Cleveland and San Antonio! ;)).


Mr. Nismo or whoever wishes to do so is free to be angry, disagree, attack me, or whatever they want for saying what I’ve said above…I’m signing off and unsubscribing from this thread so I’m not going to see it anyway. :bowrofl:



P.S.
Kevin, for what it’s worth you have a stunning 370Z and I hope you eventually get your trophy and that ZCCA eventually gets around to setting the record straight in the published results on their website. I hope I see you as ZDayZ, Z1 ZNationals and at lot’s of other events. :tiphat:

kevr6 01-05-2011 08:52 PM

I did get an email stating that there will be a trophy shipped. That was before Christmas and now it has been quiet again. Hopefully I may be getting a trophy after all. We'll see.

Robert_Nash 01-09-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevr6 (Post 882518)
I did get an email stating that there will be a trophy shipped. That was before Christmas and now it has been quiet again. Hopefully I may be getting a trophy after all. We'll see.

I hope you get it soon.

kevr6 02-10-2011 07:24 PM

It's official!! I just received the trophy!!!! Adding it to my trophy shelf!
Woo Hoo!

Robert_Nash 02-10-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevr6 (Post 936204)
It's official!! I just received the trophy!!!! Adding it to my trophy shelf!
Woo Hoo!

I'm glad you finally got it (after six and a half months...it must have been a rush job for them)! :)

I hope to see you at ZDayZ or maybe Branson or Z1-ZNationals...take care...keep the shiny side up.

LennyZCSD 02-06-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 782236)
Yes...and unicorns really do exist.

I can't help but wonder how you communicated that this "member call" was going to take place; maybe it was only communicated to members that you wanted to be aware of the call. ROTFL

In any case, that is besides the pont and the POINT is why does it take THREE MONTHS POST EVENT to get some stupid trophies made and shipped out???

I've never dealt with any trophy shop that was so incompetent that it would take three weeks, let alone three months, to produce some trophies so I'm inclided to believe that the problem is not with the trophy shop (I'll let everyone deduce for themselves where the root of the problem is).


I feel your disappointment. Not only do I drive from San Diego to support the ZCON's but I also am STILL waiting for my 2nd place trophy in the 370 stock class. I have been given more excuses as to why I am still waiting to receive it, the only excuse they haven't given me is " MY DOG ATE IT". I expect that might be forthcoming
:iagree:

Robert_Nash 02-06-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LennyZCSD (Post 1528538)
I feel your disappointment. Not only do I drive from San Diego to support the ZCON's but I also am STILL waiting for my 2nd place trophy in the 370 stock class. I have been given more excuses as to why I am still waiting to receive it, the only excuse they haven't given me is " MY DOG ATE IT". I expect that might be forthcoming
:iagree:

Lenny,
You are waiting on a trophy? From what ZCON; do you mean 2011 in Savannah?

kevr6 02-06-2012 11:09 AM

I just got my 2011 trophy last week!! That will be my last ZCON trophy!!

LennyZCSD 02-06-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 782236)
Yes...and unicorns really do exist.

I can't help but wonder how you communicated that this "member call" was going to take place; maybe it was only communicated to members that you wanted to be aware of the call. ROTFL

In any case, that is besides the pont and the POINT is why does it take THREE MONTHS POST EVENT to get some stupid trophies made and shipped out???

I've never dealt with any trophy shop that was so incompetent that it would take three weeks, let alone three months, to produce some trophies so I'm inclided to believe that the problem is not with the trophy shop (I'll let everyone deduce for themselves where the root of the problem is).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 1528609)
Lenny,
You are waiting on a trophy? From what ZCON; do you mean 2011 in Savannah?


No from 2010 Nashville, I know hard to believe,,,

Robert_Nash 02-06-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevr6 (Post 1528616)
I just got my 2011 trophy last week!! That will be my last ZCON trophy!!

Are you kidding me? They are just now getting out trophies from 2011?

Robert_Nash 02-06-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LennyZCSD (Post 1528619)
No from 2010 Nashville, I know hard to believe,,,

Wow...just wow.

Well, rumor has it that Chris K is coming to ZATTACK in Nashville this April because my club does such a good job with the event that he want's to learn how we do it...the first words out of our President's mouth when he heard it at our January meeting was that maybe they (ZCCA) could start by learning how to count ballots! :) ROTFLMAO

kevr6 02-06-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LennyZCSD (Post 1528619)
No from 2010 Nashville, I know hard to believe,,,

WOW!! I had a wait also but dag!

kevr6 02-06-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 1528628)
Wow...just wow.

Well, rumor has it that Chris K is coming to ZATTACK in Nashville this April because my club does such a good job with the event that he want's to learn how we do it...the first words out of our President's mouth when he heard it at our January meeting was that maybe they (ZCCA) could start by learning how to count ballots! :) ROTFLMAO

Also judge all the cars!! Basics!! I will be at Zattack!! :tup:

HKYStormFront 02-06-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 1528620)
Are you kidding me? They are just now getting out trophies from 2011?

if you only knew what happened behind the scenes with last year's ZCON... your anger/confusion/malcontent would be redirected strait at the ZCCA. will did every single thing he could (from what i've heard, from very reliable sources) to make sure the event went smoothly. you have no idea what it ended up costing him, literally and figuratively. honestly, this sounds crappy but at least ya'll are getting trophies. i agree (again) that the whole trophy situation is ridiculous and needs to be completely revamped.

ZCarMan 02-06-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevr6 (Post 1528616)
I just got my 2011 trophy last week!! That will be my last ZCON trophy!!

I too received mine last week for 2011. I had totally written it off.

Robert_Nash 02-06-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKYStormFront (Post 1528859)
if you only knew what happened behind the scenes with last year's ZCON... your anger/confusion/malcontent would be redirected strait at the ZCCA. will did every single thing he could (from what i've heard, from very reliable sources) to make sure the event went smoothly. you have no idea what it ended up costing him, literally and figuratively. honestly, this sounds crappy but at least ya'll are getting trophies. i agree (again) that the whole trophy situation is ridiculous and needs to be completely revamped.

I've not doubt that the blame should fall right at the feet of Chris Karl and ZCCA.

Will and I talked at length, before the 2011 event, regarding what went wrong at Nashville and I trust him that he did everything possible to host a great event but I don't know what actually happened at the event because I didn't go to Savannah (nor will I ever again attend another ZCCA event).

This "trophy fiasco has now been an issue two years running...something is obviously VERY wrong. I don't know the root cause of the problem but there is no excuse for trophies being delivered months (or years) post event.

If things are getting so out of hand that a local club simply can't do a national convention well and/or without huge costs and/or without huge screw-ups at ZCCA then maybe it's time for the conventions and for ZCCA itself to end.

I attend several Z events every year all over the Eastern half of the U.S.and there is more than one of these events as good or better than the National Convention. Maybe ZCCA and National Conventions were needed 20+ years ago but they both may have quite possibly has reached the end of their usefulness.

Robert_Nash 02-06-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevr6 (Post 1528634)
Also judge all the cars!! Basics!! I will be at Zattack!! :tup:

Well...I'm not in charge of trophies for ZAttack but even so, I'm convident that you'll get your trophy before the event is over (at least as long as Chris K. isn't put in charge of counting the votes). :rofl2:

HKYStormFront 02-06-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 1529575)
If things are getting so out of hand that a local club simply can't do a national convention well and/or without huge costs and/or without huge screw-ups at ZCCA then maybe it's time for the conventions and for ZCCA itself to end.

i'm not trying to sound elitist at all but the datsun guys will not let it die. i completely agree but there's too much "old blood" (literally and figuratively) in the ZCCA, imo, and i really don't understand how true Z people can be so closed minded about the idea of change. why be so conformist about the events? i know that bryan (from zdayz) helped will a LOT with the event and even then, it still got screwed up by the people who came in to run it. my impression is that the local club is supposed to set everything up, then the ZCCA reps come in and run it. and while that kind of makes sense to keep some uniformity from year to year, when the entire club falls apart 2 months before the event, there's a problem :rolleyes:

Robert_Nash 02-06-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKYStormFront (Post 1529590)
i'm not trying to sound elitist at all but the datsun guys will not let it die. i completely agree but there's too much "old blood" (literally and figuratively) in the ZCCA, imo, and i really don't understand how true Z people can be so closed minded about the idea of change. why be so conformist about the events? i know that bryan (from zdayz) helped will a LOT with the event and even then, it still got screwed up by the people who came in to run it. my impression is that the local club is supposed to set everything up, then the ZCCA reps come in and run it. and while that kind of makes sense to keep some uniformity from year to year, when the entire club falls apart 2 months before the event, there's a problem :rolleyes:

Judging by what I know about how ZCCA operates, I suspect that the club falling apart was a direct result of the pressure of hosting the convention...ZCCA wants someone else to do the work while ZCCA takes the accolades (problems are always blamed on someone/something else).

I'm convinced that if Middle Tennessee had hosted the convention there would be no Middle Tennessee Z Club today.

But you are right; many in the leadership of ZCCA have been there since the beginning...and "change" is not in their vocabulary.

HKYStormFront 02-06-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 1529723)
Judging by what I know about how ZCCA operates, I suspect that the club falling apart was a direct result of the pressure of hosting the convention...ZCCA wants someone else to do the work while ZCCA takes the accolades (problems are always blamed on someone/something else).

I'm convinced that if Middle Tennessee had hosted the convention there would be no Middle Tennessee Z Club today.

But you are right; many in the leadership of ZCCA have been there since the beginning...and "change" is not in their vocabulary.

yea that's usually true. seems like 9 out of 10 host clubs are usually broken up within a year or two of hosting a ZCON... what does that say about the event? :rolleyes:

LennyZCSD 02-07-2012 07:58 AM

Ok, now in defense of the ZCCA Gang. I have read the Bitch reports and although there are problems those that complain don't usually raise their hands to HELP.
You must also understand that they all have Daytime jobs and do all this GRATIS!!
I have belonged to San Diego's Z club form almost 20 years and when elections or something that involves getting of your *** to help pop up you turn around and find you are all alone. Granted there are problems, your families has problem too, that's life. So unless you are willing to raise your hand and DO SOMETHING, pointing a finger at someone a bit uncalled for.
Putting on a Convention is a huge amount of work and to coordinate all so that is goes smoothly an amazing feat of talent and a lot of luck.
Go to the ZCON's and see your old friends make some knew ones...

Robert_Nash 02-07-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LennyZCSD (Post 1530288)
Ok, now in defense of the ZCCA Gang...

You may have read the "Bitch reports" but I think you missed the main point.

No one is this thread ever implied that staging a major convention is easy but that wasn't the point and certainly not the point now...the point now is simply that there IS no rational defense for anyone to have to wait months or years to get stupid trophy from a stupid car show...NONE (even if you bold your defense).

The most rational excuses for ZCCA taking that long is either...

1)ZCCA doesn't give a s**t, or

2) ZCCA is incompetent.

I suspect it's equal measures of both 1 and 2.


Let me put it another way: In the amount of time people have been waiting for trophies an organization and trophy business could have designed the trophies from scratch, produced them all (including engraving the name of the winner given that it was done weeks/months post event) and gotten them delivered. It just doesn't take six or seven or eighteen months or more to get the job done.

I can't imagine any rational reason to explain why convention car show winners are waiting for months after the event to get their trophies and to have it happen two conventions in a row is truly beyond comprehension - two conventions in a row indicates some very serious systemic problems at ZCCA.

HKYStormFront 02-07-2012 12:25 PM

lol^

LennyZCSD 02-07-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 762041)
Have you received your trophy from ZCON 2010 yet?

Not yet but still hopeful....

LennyZCSD 02-07-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 1530451)
You may have read the "Bitch reports" but I think you missed the main point.

No one is this thread ever implied that staging a major convention is easy but that wasn't the point and certainly not the point now...the point now is simply that there IS no rational defense for anyone to have to wait months or years to get stupid trophy from a stupid car show...NONE (even if you bold your defense).

The most rational excuses for ZCCA taking that long is either...

1)ZCCA doesn't give a s**t, or

2) ZCCA is incompetent.

I suspect it's equal measures of both 1 and 2.


Let me put it another way: In the amount of time people have been waiting for trophies an organization and trophy business could have designed the trophies from scratch, produced them all (including engraving the name of the winner given that it was done weeks/months post event) and gotten them delivered. It just doesn't take six or seven or eighteen months or more to get the job done.

I can't imagine any rational reason to explain why convention car show winners are waiting for months after the event to get their trophies and to have it happen two conventions in a row is truly beyond comprehension - two conventions in a row indicates some very serious systemic problems at ZCCA.

So, what I am saying is, get involved and straighten things out..
Like I say it's easy to complain,, I am guilty of this myself but I do get involved, for 7 years I was Newsletter Editor and or President for my club, one year I did both.. .. I am now the Chairman for Zcon 2014,,, you wanna help me?? You can handle anything you want..

Robert_Nash 02-07-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LennyZCSD (Post 1530886)
So, what I am saying is, get involved and straighten things out..
Like I say it's easy to complain,, I am guilty of this myself but I do get involved, for 7 years I was Newsletter Editor and or President for my club, one year I did both.. .. I am now the Chairman for Zcon 2014,,, you wanna help me?? You can handle anything you want..

Lenny (I'm assuming that's your name :) ),

First of all, good luck with 2014...I truly hope it's successful for you.

No, I don't want to help with the 2014 convention...I will never again involve myself with or attend an ZCCA event.

I've been involved and I am involved but never again with ZCCA.

HKYStormFront 02-07-2012 01:53 PM

yea i know of a local club that used to be a ZCCA member but dropped it when the club went on hiatus for a while. now that it is back together they applied for membership back into the ZCCA but they wanted the club to pay all their past dues to join again. :wtf:

Robert_Nash 02-07-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKYStormFront (Post 1530974)
yea i know of a local club that used to be a ZCCA member but dropped it when the club went on hiatus for a while. now that it is back together they applied for membership back into the ZCCA but they wanted the club to pay all their past dues to join again. :wtf:

That's funny...the local club here in Nashville had been a ZCCA club, let their membership in ZCCA drop and then "re-joined" ZCCA in preparation for the 2010 Convention - I don't recall us being asked to pay "past dues"!

HKYStormFront 02-07-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 1531003)
That's funny...the local club here in Nashville had been a ZCCA club, let their membership in ZCCA drop and then "re-joined" ZCCA in preparation for the 2010 Convention - I don't recall us being asked to pay "past dues"!

*cough, double standards, cough*


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2