Nissan 370Z Forum  

Microphone wire route help

Anyone have some advice on how to route the mic from the head unit to the driver side A pillar?

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370z BS M6
steve216 is on a distinguished road
Default Microphone wire route help

Anyone have some advice on how to route the mic from the head unit to the driver side A pillar?
steve216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Pull the weather stripping back between the door and the a pillar and use that as a channel to go down to the lower dash than zip tie the wire across to the head unit location.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '12 MBlue 370z 6sp
AdamRacer is on a distinguished road

I currently have mine behind the steering wheel in the little side shelf area and it was a bad idea. All people can here is the car noise. That location you mentioned seems much better but do you put it towards the top of the a pillar or the bottom near the dash?
AdamRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 370Z MB w/Sport
Zteve has a reputation beyond reputeZteve has a reputation beyond reputeZteve has a reputation beyond reputeZteve has a reputation beyond reputeZteve has a reputation beyond reputeZteve has a reputation beyond reputeZteve has a reputation beyond reputeZteve has a reputation beyond reputeZteve has a reputation beyond reputeZteve has a reputation beyond reputeZteve has a reputation beyond repute

toward the top is where mine is
Old 09-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Pull the weather stripping back between the door and the a pillar and use that as a channel to go down to the lower dash than zip tie the wire across to the head unit location.
^^ this.

and no need to pull off the a-pillar cover if anyone's wondering. just push it in under the plastic.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamRacer View Post
I currently have mine behind the steering wheel in the little side shelf area and it was a bad idea. All people can here is the car noise. That location you mentioned seems much better but do you put it towards the top of the a pillar or the bottom near the dash?
mine is on the ceiling liner where it meets the windsheild, next to the rear view mirror.

i put it there because i didnt want the sun visor covering it while driving towards the sun.
on my dd i have at the a-pillar corner and my wife says she can still hear me fine though.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '12 MBlue 370z 6sp
AdamRacer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
mine is on the ceiling liner where it meets the windsheild, next to the rear view mirror.

i put it there because i didnt want the sun visor covering it while driving towards the sun.
on my dd i have at the a-pillar corner and my wife says she can still hear me fine though.
Okay thanks for the info. I will try that and hopefully it will cut down on the noise getting into the mic.
AdamRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Cbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamRacer View Post
Okay thanks for the info. I will try that and hopefully it will cut down on the noise getting into the mic.
Doesnt work...just about anywhere you put the mic honestly IMO. I have mine at the top of the A pillar facing right at me and people still have a hard time hearing me but that is closest to my mouth so i cant think of a better place. I have also added sound deadening to the doors and hatch too btw.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbtech View Post
Doesnt work...just about anywhere you put the mic honestly IMO. I have mine at the top of the A pillar facing right at me and people still have a hard time hearing me but that is closest to my mouth so i cant think of a better place. I have also added sound deadening to the doors and hatch too btw.
"Kenchan is my hero?" hahaha.

that's odd.... my wife says she can hear me fine when i call her from my Z. she says she can hear the revs in the background at times, but does not overwelm my voice or make it harder to hear.