Nissan 370Z Forum  

Possible problem with the Bluetooth?

I bought my Z with the aftermarket jvc radio and I don't know if the Bluetooth sucks cuz of the new radio or if the Bluetooth sucks in general? I

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JARblue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 03:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th anniversary
Gibby1113 is on a distinguished road
Default Possible problem with the Bluetooth?

I bought my Z with the aftermarket jvc radio and I don't know if the Bluetooth sucks cuz of the new radio or if the Bluetooth sucks in general? I use to have an Audi and the Bluetooth was really good but when I make calls in the Z the person I'm calling says that I sound terrible through the Bluetooth. My mic is located behind the steering wheel...do I have to relocate it? Get a new Bluetooth system? Any recommendations?? Thanks guys
40th anniversary #450/1000 | Takeda Attack CAI | Ark DTS exhaust | to be continued...
Gibby1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby1113 View Post
I bought my Z with the aftermarket jvc radio and I don't know if the Bluetooth sucks cuz of the new radio or if the Bluetooth sucks in general? I use to have an Audi and the Bluetooth was really good but when I make calls in the Z the person I'm calling says that I sound terrible through the Bluetooth. My mic is located behind the steering wheel...do I have to relocate it? Get a new Bluetooth system? Any recommendations?? Thanks guys
The factory bluetooth in my Z is quite clear, I'm told. Actually even better voice clarity both ways than the factory bluetooth in my wife's 2013 Murano.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 370Z 7at Sp Tour
Nailzs is on a distinguished road

Factory bluetooth beats the hell out of satellite radio as far as sound quality IMHO.
Nailzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Factory BT will generally be better but that being said, a better quality mic and/or placement might be in order. Also, I don't know anything about the JVC model you have - if its older, it might be the HU. I would test it with the mic in another location first (near the rear view mirror or A-pillar seem to be popular locations) if that's not too much trouble before looking to purchase another mic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailzs View Post
Factory bluetooth beats the hell out of satellite radio as far as sound quality IMHO.
satellite radio? where did that come from?
SouthArk370Z likes this.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 05-12-2013 at 09:46 AM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th anniversary
Gibby1113 is on a distinguished road

I've tried moving the mic around while I'm talking to test different locations and I get the same response from everyone that its still bad. Where can I buy a new mic?????
40th anniversary #450/1000 | Takeda Attack CAI | Ark DTS exhaust | to be continued...
Gibby1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraham View Post
Bluetooth is the most important part of a car because you drive a car and you tack to cell phone then easily you are doing both work and also satellite connect to them. But in a some location satellite is not connected then the problem is created.
Satellites and Bluetooth have nothing to do with each other. Bluetooth only connects the phone to the car. The phone is connected to the world over the cellular system. Satellites are only needed for satellite radio or for GPS navigation but aren't needed for voice, text, or data communication.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote