Nissan 370Z Forum  

Remote start/ alarm questions

Alright guys, I am planning on installing a system using a idatalink bypass module and either viper or compustar pro alarm/remote start. A few questions for those of you that

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat
Default Remote start/ alarm questions

Alright guys, I am planning on installing a system using a idatalink bypass module and either viper or compustar pro alarm/remote start.

A few questions for those of you that have one on your Z.

Can you still use your stock fob to get in and out? Re arm and disarm?

Does the push button entry on the door still work and does it disarm as well?

Any problems you would like to report?

What is the procedure you have to do when you get in to shut down your remote start and for you to drive?

Can you pop your trunk from the aftermarket remote and if so do you know how the installer did it, (cambus or direct wiring)
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

No one has a remote start on their Z?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

A few have. We had this thread in General a bit ago, it may have some info. for you (though I think we mostly bitched about it ).

Remote Start for Z

Wish I could be of more help, but I've never done this on any of my cars and am wary of doing it on any manual car.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 07 Element SC
BigNate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Alright guys, I am planning on installing a system using a idatalink bypass module and either viper or compustar pro alarm/remote start.

A few questions for those of you that have one on your Z.

Can you still use your stock fob to get in and out? Re arm and disarm?
only if you use D2D and not W2W

Does the push button entry on the door still work and does it disarm as well?
yes
Any problems you would like to report?
there is no key take over after remote start so upon entering the vehicle the driver will be forced to turn the car off and restart it and there

What is the procedure you have to do when you get in to shut down your remote start and for you to drive?
press the brake and restart the car

Can you pop your trunk from the aftermarket remote and if so do you know how the installer did it, (cambus or direct wiring)
wiring the instal d2d will handle this and for the record it is CANbus
/////

Don't worry I've never done this before
BigNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

Thanks Nate, from what i am reading though you do not have to shut down the vehicle and restart it. Just have to do a certain process. Glad to see I will not lose a lot of the functions.