Nissan 370Z Forum  

Stillen Parts Group Buy - Happy times for all!

Ok Guys, I have gotten a quote back from stillen and the shipping looks good now all combined..... So far I have gotten a quote for 3 exhausts and 3

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Regions > Other Regions > Australia/New Zealand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: Black 370z MT
evse82 is on a distinguished road
Default Stillen Parts Group Buy - Happy times for all!

Ok Guys,

I have gotten a quote back from stillen and the shipping looks good now all combined.....

So far I have gotten a quote for 3 exhausts and 3 G3 intakes.

Here are the prices: (Remember these are all in US dollars!)

3780.99 3 x 504355 ($1260.33 each)
$1647.00 3 x 402852 ($549.00 each)
$890.00 Schenker shipping (door to airport – MEL)
__________________________________________________ __
$6317.99 Total USD

Now these come to melbourne airport and we pick them up from there. I have access to a Honda CRV but I'm just waiting on a response on box sizes from stillen to see if they'll fit.

Does anyone in Melb have access to a van or ute?

What I would really like to do is get exact numbers of who wants what so we can finalise, then maybe meet up with a few of the Melbourne guys interested so we can organise together (and i don't get my knees broken if it falls through lol (which it wont (but if it does))) and then organise the money together and send it off.

For interstate guys, the hard part is getting it from the states, other than that, interstate shipping is relatively cheap (from memory I got my exhaust for about $50 by courier (TNT) interstate you might wanna check though)

Any Melb guys who can help out with the organising?

I'll need you guys who are 100% to let me know what your after and I'll get a final quote.

By the way MrBMW posted a video in another thread of a fly by with this exhaust (i think it had high flows on it though) and it really is a great sounding exhaust, it has a great tone and NO droning!! not to mention the nice power gains...

cheers!!
evse82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 370z 6MT Black
Ellz is on a distinguished road

100% on the Stillen cat back + Gen 3 CAI.
Ready when you are.
Ellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 370z Titanium 6MT
GTRFAN is on a distinguished road

Thanks for organising this!

Count me in.

I don't have a large car but a mate has a Navara that we could use.

100%
Stillen cat back
Gen 3 CAI

How much are the high flows?
GTRFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRFAN View Post
Thanks for organising this!

Count me in.

I don't have a large car but a mate has a Navara that we could use.

100%
Stillen cat back
Gen 3 CAI

How much are the high flows?
hmm navara would be good! sounds good then so so far the quote is ok lol 3 of each. The high flows are $515 but im not sure if they pass our laws here...

STILLEN : STILLEN Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters

Ok well I guess we can start planning, we'll just wait and make sure no one else wants to buy anything then we can begin

I wouldn't mind catching up with you guys first and organise together because I don't like having other peoples money... maybe we can all pay the total of the invoice split into 'x' people to stillen together?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Base Member

Wouldn't mind the cats, however i was leaning more towards Berk Cats. So that can be another time.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 370z Titanium 6MT
GTRFAN is on a distinguished road

Im happy to meet up to get this rolling.

Yeah the cats may have to wait...lets keep this simple with just CAI and exhausts.

I wonder if Nissan will crack the sads over the intakes and exhausts regarding the warranty?
GTRFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRFAN View Post
Im happy to meet up to get this rolling.

Yeah the cats may have to wait...lets keep this simple with just CAI and exhausts.

I wonder if Nissan will crack the sads over the intakes and exhausts regarding the warranty?
Yeah this is why i was 50/50 on the intakes before.... the exhaust is fine cos they can't say and exhaust system caused the engine to fail... but intakes maybe.... I might call my dealer and ask about the intakes... i just wanna get them to keep for later if i don't put them in now.

Well I'll definately give u a buzz dude and try organise, meet up when needed.... I'm in adelaide this weekend so maybe next week or something?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z CS 6MT
nismostu is on a distinguished road

Thanks for organising and researching this.

I'm interested but with that first part number is that just a catback system - I could be wrong but the pics look like it is the full blown complete system. Particularily the bit that looks like a Y looks like it would be the piece I'm not interested in. I assume they only sell it as a full system?

Cheers,
Stu
nismostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Base Member

In regards to the warrenty, unless the part can directly be linked to the fault.
This is mind im sure Nissan wouldnt mind getting out of an engine fault and just blame it on the intake.

With my 350 I had intake, plenum spacer, headers, cats and catback, piggy back and rims, was lucky and never had an issue with the engine, just the diff and windscreen water jets. Needless to say warrenty was never an issue.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: YELLOW 370Z 6MT NAV
MrBMW will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply to this thread (was in Townsville for the V8's).

Gotta say thanks to evse82 for at least getting the ball rolling on this. I am also very interested myself, but have to talk to the CFO (wife LOL). It's looking pretty good at this stage thanks to the Tax man .

I'll get back to you in a few days. If thats to late thats cool, as i'm sure a few of us will be getting more things over time from the US or even Japan.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Great system guys - you're gonna love it. The sound is amazing and with the SRM its even better coming up to a stop Get the HFC as well if you can afford it!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FricFrac View Post
Great system guys - you're gonna love it. The sound is amazing and with the SRM its even better coming up to a stop Get the HFC as well if you can afford it!
Hey there Fric', I noticed you mentioned SRM. Excuse my nOObness, but what is SRM. From everything I have read in the Intake/Exhaust section the Stillen stuff and Berk HFC's all seem like great products.

Personally I'm after a good sound. The added benefit is a few extra horses at the wheels. I also noticed in your sig you have the Grounding kit, to be honest I haven't yet read up on this, but did find any noticeable difference.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBMW View Post
Hey there Fric', I noticed you mentioned SRM. Excuse my nOObness, but what is SRM. From everything I have read in the Intake/Exhaust section the Stillen stuff and Berk HFC's all seem like great products.

Personally I'm after a good sound. The added benefit is a few extra horses at the wheels. I also noticed in your sig you have the Grounding kit, to be honest I haven't yet read up on this, but did find any noticeable difference.
hey srm is synchro rev match... sounds awesome when combined with a nice exhaust!! always hear it on videos on youtube... so nice...

I wanna get the berk hfc as well. They seem to be legal in most places unlike the stillen ones...
Old 07-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evse82 View Post
hey srm is synchro rev match... sounds awesome when combined with a nice exhaust!! always hear it on videos on youtube... so nice...

I wanna get the berk hfc as well. They seem to be legal in most places unlike the stillen ones...
Man i feel stupid right now LOL. Thanks for the tip evse82. I really should've known what that meant. It really would sound mean dropping from 4th->2nd in a tunnel.

My main goal when the car is a little older (ie. not much warranty left) is to go TT or SC. But hey thats quite a while yet. I'm still enjoying just driving to the shops LOL (even let the missus have hoon yesterday),
Old 07-15-2009, 03:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBMW View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply to this thread (was in Townsville for the V8's).

Gotta say thanks to evse82 for at least getting the ball rolling on this. I am also very interested myself, but have to talk to the CFO (wife LOL). It's looking pretty good at this stage thanks to the Tax man .

I'll get back to you in a few days. If thats to late thats cool, as i'm sure a few of us will be getting more things over time from the US or even Japan.
Hey sorry dude I just saw this message because i was in adelaide over the weekend, all good we haven't ordered yet just gotten a quote and some info. Let me know how you go.

cheers