Nissan 370Z Forum  

A few pics of my install

Not the greatest quality pics......but

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute
Default A few pics of my install

Not the greatest quality pics......but
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nissan stereo 006.jpg (778.8 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg nissan stereo 001.jpg (505.1 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg nissan stereo 003.JPG (264.1 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg nissan stereo 002.JPG (423.9 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg nissan stereo 004.JPG (710.0 KB, 157 views)
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of

what did you do about the tweeters in the dash, just disconnect em? i understand having the tweeter close to the mids is good for audio quality but given the crappy location of our mids was placing the tweeter with the mid a good idea?
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Why do you have tweeters in 2 separate locations? I hope your only running set.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

The tweeters in the door panels play up to 8500 hertz...The tweeters in the a pillars are crossed to play 8500 to 20k hertz.
They really raise the soundstage quite well, without drawing attention to themselves.
Ah, the joys of running active, and signal processing!
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
Old 09-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Signal Processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
The tweeters in the door panels play up to 8500 hertz...The tweeters in the a pillars are crossed to play 8500 to 20k hertz.
They really raise the soundstage quite well, without drawing attention to themselves.
Ah, the joys of running active, and signal processing!
Yep, the joys of an active system put the sparkle in the sound imagining.

What signal processor did you go with? I have a Audison bitTen.
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

The processor is built in to the Head unit. The Dex p99rs is an amazing piece.
In regards to the comment about the location of the mids...... Its actually not a bad location. The ideal location for your speakers is equidistant from the ears. the only location that would be better is down in the kick panels, which put them extremely close to that mark. Time alignment makes up for the differences in distance from left and right sides. You can work wonders with a good processor if you know what your doing with it.
Running 2 sets of tweeters was solely for the purpose of raising the soundstage up into center of windshield. CDT audio sells a speaker set called "upstage" which does the same thing, and its basically a set of additional tweeters, and a crossover that seperates your main tweeters from your "supertweeters" placed high on the a pillar, or upper corners of your windshield. Running active, along with the 8 outputs on the p99 allow me to accomplish the same feat with just an additional set of tweeters.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of

damn!
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
The processor is built in to the Head unit. The Dex p99rs is an amazing piece.
In regards to the comment about the location of the mids...... Its actually not a bad location. The ideal location for your speakers is equidistant from the ears. the only location that would be better is down in the kick panels, which put them extremely close to that mark. Time alignment makes up for the differences in distance from left and right sides. You can work wonders with a good processor if you know what your doing with it.
Running 2 sets of tweeters was solely for the purpose of raising the soundstage up into center of windshield. CDT audio sells a speaker set called "upstage" which does the same thing, and its basically a set of additional tweeters, and a crossover that seperates your main tweeters from your "supertweeters" placed high on the a pillar, or upper corners of your windshield. Running active, along with the 8 outputs on the p99 allow me to accomplish the same feat with just an additional set of tweeters.
Talk about really raising it, I think your second set is a little to high.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Actually, Matt, the pic is slightly deceiving. They ended up being just below ear-level.
Myself and a friend of mine who owns a local shop auditioned them starting at the base of the a pillar, and moved them upward 2 inches at a time, alternating between facing the windshield, or facing the interior. We marked this location on the way up as a sweet spot, and continued up a few more increments until we decided to drop them back to where they currently are.
we then adjusted the level on them to a point where they almost disappear from your ears, but still function well for the staging.
You can really notice the difference when I shut them off. It brought my stage from on top of the dash to center of windshield.