Nissan 370Z Forum  

Reactivate Immobilizer System?

Hi All, Does anyone know if you can reactivate the fancier security system that they deactivate at the dealership if you don't pay extra for? Not sure if this is

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
Damonox is on a distinguished road
Default Reactivate Immobilizer System?

Hi All,
Does anyone know if you can reactivate the fancier security system that they deactivate at the dealership if you don't pay extra for? Not sure if this is a no-no or not.
I'm pretty sure they didn't actually take anything out of the car as the guy at the dealership just took the key fob and sat in the car for 20 seconds and it was all done.

Thanks,

D
Damonox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Huh???

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not quite following what you're talking about...what security system?
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Base Member

Ok, so there are 2 security systems/car alarms that the dealership told me about on my 370Z. The first is a basic system that will go off if the doors are opened without using the key fob. The second system was their upsell system that is called the Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer system, and that one is supposed to be sensitive to vibrations and what not, and if it goes off, will kill the engine in the case of someone breaking into it. As far as I know, they are both in the car, but they deactivated the fancier one after I wouldn't pay extra for it. Did I get screwed?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damonox View Post
Ok, so there are 2 security systems/car alarms that the dealership told me about on my 370Z. The first is a basic system that will go off if the doors are opened without using the key fob. The second system was their upsell system that is called the Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer system, and that one is supposed to be sensitive to vibrations and what not, and if it goes off, will kill the engine in the case of someone breaking into it. As far as I know, they are both in the car, but they deactivated the fancier one after I wouldn't pay extra for it. Did I get screwed?
Okay first of all, you need to tell your dealer to STFU and . I can't believe they would tell you that they deactivated your Immobilizer system when it's STANDARD on all 370Zs You should ask them how you were able to start the car if they deactivated the Immobilizer system!!!

Don't worry, you have both . Next time you go to the dealer, open up page 2-24 in your owners manual and have them read it out loud!
olddudesrule likes this.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... That's probably one of the lowest I've heard a dealership go so far. Damn shady bastards!

AK is right. ALL security systems have immobilizers built in. That's what makes them a security system. It's IMPOSSIBLE to remove that immobilizer feature without screwing up your entire security, entry and ignition system without completely rewiring it. Going in and out of the car in 20 sec just means that the tech sat in the seat and farted because you didn't pay them some retarded amount of money for a purple unicorn.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z MB 6mt
shabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond repute

holy crap - they tried to gauge you how much for that?
shabarivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Drives: E46 M3
nogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond repute

wo wo wo...hold the phone.

the immobilizer comes with the 370z, maxima....and it's an option for the altima...i think

the extra thing to pay is a shock alarm...... so, if someone kicks or hits ur car...it rings....Nissan added that in after the 08 G37 because ppl need a shock sensor...it's still an option and not standard equipment.

could that be what the dealer was talking about.???
nogoodname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Base Member

Ok, thanks guys for the info. So, it could be the shock alarm that they are talking about if that's an option. They wanted $500 to keep it activated, and I said, "No, I already agreed on a price, and I'm not paying anymore." So, after a bit they came back and said they'd keep it on for an extra $229. I said no again and then he did that sit in it and "deactivated" something. So, I'm not sure what's up. No one has encountered this huh? Maybe that's what happens when you get the base model.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Base Member

khtso is on a distinguished road

Was this a dealer in Los Angeles? If so, which? I'd like to know so I can stay away from them when I buy my 400Z!
khtso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Drives: E46 M3
nogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond repute

ok, try this. hide the key far from the car and try to open the door

if the system is so called deactivated, the doors should open and be able to start.

hide it far.....or get a friend to run down the street with the key
nogoodname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pure Sex
FuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to FuszNissan Send a message via Skype™ to FuszNissan

Could he be talking about Lojack, and he didn't want to pay for it???

ZDAYZ 2012
FuszNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

The key doesn't need to be that far, actually. The system recognizes distance by signal quality. RFID systems don't go very far without powered amplifiers. So, about 5 feet should be more than enough.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute

No.. I know exactally what he's talking about because I too didn't pay for it and they sat in my car and "deactivated" it as well.

I believe it was just the alarm (shock alarm or whatever). Your car will always have the immobilizer, meaning, if you don't have the factory key, your car will not start.

So don't worry you didn't get screwed. Alarms are a waste of time on a car anyway and just cause an ear ache.
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damonox View Post
Ok, thanks guys for the info. So, it could be the shock alarm that they are talking about if that's an option. They wanted $500 to keep it activated, and I said, "No, I already agreed on a price, and I'm not paying anymore." So, after a bit they came back and said they'd keep it on for an extra $229. I said no again and then he did that sit in it and "deactivated" something. So, I'm not sure what's up. No one has encountered this huh? Maybe that's what happens when you get the base model.
There is no reference in the service manual to a "shock Alarm" or any procedures to activate/deactivate.

I think your dealer was just attempting a Money Grab. Good you said no..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote