Nissan 370Z Forum  

Enthused new 370Z Owner.....

Hello all, My name is Paul and I'm the proud new owner of a Silver Metallic 2011 370Z, 6-speed manual, Sport Package, Touring Model with the Navigation System. I've already

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z General Area > Introduction > New 370Z Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z Touring Cp
pfineberg is on a distinguished road
Default Enthused new 370Z Owner.....

Hello all,

My name is Paul and I'm the proud new owner of a Silver Metallic 2011 370Z, 6-speed manual, Sport Package, Touring Model with the Navigation System. I've already learned allot from the posts I've read and would appreciate any tips everyone has...with me being the new guy on the block and with this being my first "Z"...!!!! Just love the car in all respects...with just the "rear view" out the rear window being a little sub-par....but the outside mirrors are great...and I'm fine with my view of things.....

First question....oil change interval and type of oil the dealer is using: Manual has the Schedule I and Schedule II table and I would like to know what most are following. I don't put allot of miles on the car so there are more short trips than longer ones...which would put me in the Schedule I and changes recommended every 3750 miles. Are most folks going with 3750 or the 7500? I'm asking because the dealer as an incentive gave me oils changes for the first three years of ownership as a perk for me to buy it from him, vice his competition. What are they using as far as viscosity? Please reply here and/or to my personal e-mail: pfineberg@gmail.com

Once again, its a pleasure being a part of the 370Z communit and if there is anyone locally in the Woodbridge, Alexandria, Springfield VA area.....I would be happy to meet for a cup of joe and talk "Z"....

Paul
pfineberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, welcome! I live in Woodbridge as well (though I no longer have my Z).

We have an active community in the NOVA area. Check the two links in my signature for our group's Meetup page and the main thread here on the forum where we organize for meets.

Regarding oil, most people stick to 3,000-5,000 mile intervals or every 3-4 months, whichever comes first. The recommended fill for the Z is 5w-30, so stick with that.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Tour/Spt/Nav/6MT
pedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! Great choice on color and options!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

Congrats and welcome! We look forward to seeing you at a VA meet soon!
ZCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote