Nissan 370Z Forum  

Factory nav v. aftermarket systems

While trying to decide between the Touring with Nav and the Nismo, I’ve found that one of my bigger decision points is the Nav system. That might sound funny, but

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 70 'Velle/'10 ZR
Ole Rusty is on a distinguished road
Default Factory nav v. aftermarket systems

While trying to decide between the Touring with Nav and the Nismo, I’ve found that one of my bigger decision points is the Nav system. That might sound funny, but I have decided that I could buy the Nismo and upgrade the stereo with a nice aftermarket with Bluetooth and Nav or buy the Touring and upgrade the exterior/suspension/engine.

With that said, does anybody have any thoughts on the Factory nav system v. aftermarket stereo/speaker systems? If I go with the Touring with Nav, I want to know that I’m getting great (at least in the neighborhood of aftermarket) performance from the sound and nav systems. I don’t want to have to upgrade the exterior and the interior.

Thanks,
Mike
Ole Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nismo #519
Rogue370z is on a distinguished road

I had the same decision - i picked the NISMO. Way easier and cheaper to do the stereo vs. the performance/exterior mods. Going with the NISMO gives you a nice solid base that you can add other parts to so the car is farther along modification wise faster. You can always change out the NISMO parts later if you want something better or different.

I had done the factory nav option in my last two 350z and have been extermely happy with my decision this time to pick the NISMO.
2010 370Z NISMO #519 Pearl White
05 LeMans Sunset 350Z Roadster
SOLD--07 Antifreeze Green Top Secret Wide-body 350Z Roadster
Rogue370z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue370z View Post
I had the same decision - i picked the NISMO. Way easier and cheaper to do the stereo vs. the performance/exterior mods. Going with the NISMO gives you a nice solid base that you can add other parts to so the car is farther along modification wise faster. You can always change out the NISMO parts later if you want something better or different.

I had done the factory nav option in my last two 350z and have been extermely happy with my decision this time to pick the NISMO.

/\ this is good advice.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo
F1loco is on a distinguished road

From a stocker Nismo, about $600 later for Alpine HU, amp, BT, axxes controller, and Polk db6501's, what a freaking difference....now on to the exhaust note...
F1loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Go with aftermarket so much nicer imo and you can upgrade anything and have a lot more expandability
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

I can't really speak to the factory unit, but I put in a Kenwood DNX9960 and absolutely love it. Bluetooth, voice activation (extremely good), Navteq traffic, Garmin nav +++++. I doubt very much that the factory unit can even come close to what this thing will do.
TreeSemdyZee is offline   Reply With Quote