Nissan 370Z Forum  

Sportbike enthusiast finally gets a Z

Hey all New to this board, but I'm extremely active on a number of sportbike forums. The admin of our local forum actually. Just picked up the 370Z that I've

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z General Area > Introduction > New 370Z Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport 7AT
wh!plash is on a distinguished road
Default Sportbike enthusiast finally gets a Z

Hey all

New to this board, but I'm extremely active on a number of sportbike forums. The admin of our local forum actually.

Just picked up the 370Z that I've been jonesing for going on 6 months now. Just found too good a deal on a used one to justify the new price.

2009 370Z
Touring package
Sport package
6-speed
Stillen exhaust
11k miles, showroom condition
$26,900

They also gave me a shockingly good trade on my 2006 MX-5. I'd have been hard pressed to sell it myself for what they gave me.

Happy with the deal so far, although I'm still getting used to driving a stick. I'm used to clutching and shifting on bikes, so the mechanics are pretty much the same, but it throws my muscle memory out the window.

I've got a lot to learn about them in general though. I can debate the nuances of bikes all day, but for instance I had never even heard of Stillen before. Looking forward to getting into this board.

Last edited by wh!plash; 07-18-2010 at 07:16 PM.
wh!plash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Base Member

Oh, and I had to change my username because my usual was too long for this forum. If anybody is also on sportbikes.net or ducati.ms I'm LessPeople_MoreRobots
Old 07-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

looks like you got a great deal man, and Stillen is one of the biggest aftermarket brands for the Z community, or Nissan community in general, they make quality stuff. If you think that exhaust sounds good now, throw some high flow cats or test pipes on it and you'll really feel it come to life. Congrats on the Z and welcome to the club. Thems some sexy ass bikes, damn... i got wood.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and Welcome!
Nice Pics of the new Z, and cool bikes.

http://www.the370z.com/payments.php
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Base Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
looks like you got a great deal man, and Stillen is one of the biggest aftermarket brands for the Z community, or Nissan community in general, they make quality stuff. If you think that exhaust sounds good now, throw some high flow cats or test pipes on it and you'll really feel it come to life. Congrats on the Z and welcome to the club. Thems some sexy ass bikes, damn... i got wood.
Awesome, nice to know. I think it sounds pretty decent now. When I saw the pipes on it sitting on the lot, i was expecting them to be a lot louder. You can hear them, but they're definitely kind of understated. I kind of like it that way.

I say that of course, but I know as well as anyone the mods are inevitable.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh!plash View Post
Awesome, nice to know. I think it sounds pretty decent now. When I saw the pipes on it sitting on the lot, i was expecting them to be a lot louder. You can hear them, but they're definitely kind of understated. I kind of like it that way.

I say that of course, but I know as well as anyone the mods are inevitable.
oh yes, yes they are. If you open the cats up, you wont see that much as far as gains because with these engines it seems that the first exhaust mod you do nets you the most, but a set of intakes nets roughly 8-15whp depending on which ones you go with, look around the forum a bit and use the search function, you'll find any info you could ever want, there are alot of great contributing members here with independent dyno sheets, installs, etc, I love this forum.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z PW
Indy370Z is on a distinguished road

Welcome Bro! Nice Ride!!! Im into Bikes myself. I have an 09 R1 and a 07 ZX6R.
Love your 1098!
Indy370Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: Triumph Speed Triple
Woodyear is on a distinguished road

Ducati Streetfighter, Triumph Street Triple, AND a Ducati 1098???? What are you made of money? That's literally about 40k worth of bikes right there, PLUS a 370z...man you're really livin the life. I myself ride an 06 Speed Triple, but I'd kill for an 848 or 1098 to go along with it. I'd also kill for a 370z....still workin towards that. Congrats on all the sick toys my friend!
Woodyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Base Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodyear View Post
Ducati Streetfighter, Triumph Street Triple, AND a Ducati 1098???? What are you made of money? That's literally about 40k worth of bikes right there, PLUS a 370z...man you're really livin the life. I myself ride an 06 Speed Triple, but I'd kill for an 848 or 1098 to go along with it. I'd also kill for a 370z....still workin towards that. Congrats on all the sick toys my friend!
Lulz! Not really actually. I'm just IT for a medical tech company with ~200 people. The real kicker is that we don't have kids, and my wife rides and does track days too (the Street Triple is hers).
Old 07-19-2010, 07:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of

Love the color of the Z. Great deal, too!

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370 Touring/Sport
fullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh!plash View Post

...and a MIATA!

Just razzin' you because nobody else has bothered to do it yet.
I have a Miata, too and I used to race a Yamaha R6 in CCS and WERA.

Am I reading your image link correctly that you're from Sarasota, FL?

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.

Last edited by LunaZ; 07-19-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Nevermind. It says Sarasota, FL under your avatar.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Base Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post

...and a MIATA!

Just razzin' you because nobody else has bothered to do it yet.
I have a Miata, too and I used to race a Yamaha R6 in CCS and WERA.

Am I reading your image link correctly that you're from Sarasota, FL?
Haha, yeah no Miata anymore. Traded it in on Saturday for the Z. People did give me a lot of crap for it, seeing as how I'm 6'4" 240lbs. But hey, I had a lot of fun with it.

And yep, I'm in Sarasota. Moved here in 2006 from Louisiana because of Katrina. You familiar with Sarasota?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Yep! Have family in Sarasota and Osprey.
If you see a PA tagged Pearl White with a rear fog light and Fast Intentions exhaust running up and down Tamiani, I'm in town. I'm due for a trip to see the fam this fall.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Base Member

Oh, okay cool. I'm right off University near Lakewood Ranch.

Its too bad, I almost had a cool place for you to check out. My friend Dex has been running a motorsports-themed cafe for the past couple years, and he just unfortunately had to close the doors this last month. It was right off 41 and Siesta. All of my friends are kind of displaced for the time being. RIP Fuel Cafe.