Nissan 370Z Forum  

Hi

Hi everyone, I'm going to be a member of the 370z family soon. I ordered a hakone white (which how it's called in Canada) with Frost int, Sport pkg. and

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z General Area > Introduction > New 370Z Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 06 RSX MT, 10 370Z
ColaBear is on a distinguished road
Default Hi

Hi everyone, I'm going to be a member of the 370z family soon. I ordered a hakone white (which how it's called in Canada) with Frost int, Sport pkg. and Navi . 6 MT. I was going to get the Perssimon int., but it's so gay in Canada that white exterior only comes with Frost int. BTW, the car is going to delivery in the first week of March. 1 more month to go, and this month will be painful. I'm loving the car and hope I can pick her up earlier.

Just one thing that I don't like about the Z is the shift boot. I think it sits too high that makes it look long and lost the sporty look. Does anyone know if the problem can be solved If I'm going to change the stock shift knob into a ball shaped shift knob?

Many Thanks!
ColaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: Nismo 370z 09
Blackcrimzon is on a distinguished road

Dang thats a long time too have to wait. I hope it goes by fast for you. Welcome to the 370z family and nice choice on the color! When you get it make sure to post some pics of that bad boy
Blackcrimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Base Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrimzon View Post
Dang thats a long time too have to wait. I hope it goes by fast for you. Welcome to the 370z family and nice choice on the color! When you get it make sure to post some pics of that bad boy
Yeah, it's a pretty long time to wait which I placed my order in late December.....Because it is a 2010 model, the waiting time has to be longer. And I just received a notice from the dealer that the Z will be built in Feb. For sure I will post some pics of her after I picked her up. Thanks for your comment anyway.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaBear View Post
Hi everyone, I'm going to be a member of the 370z family soon. I ordered a hakone white (which how it's called in Canada) with Frost int, Sport pkg. and Navi . 6 MT. I was going to get the Perssimon int., but it's so gay in Canada that white exterior only comes with Frost int. BTW, the car is going to delivery in the first week of March. 1 more month to go, and this month will be painful. I'm loving the car and hope I can pick her up earlier.

Just one thing that I don't like about the Z is the shift boot. I think it sits too high that makes it look long and lost the sporty look. Does anyone know if the problem can be solved If I'm going to change the stock shift knob into a ball shaped shift knob?

Many Thanks!
Congrats. Where in Canada are you?

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Base Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
Congrats. Where in Canada are you?
Toronto, Markham. Are you in Canada too?
Old 01-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Toronto, Markham. Are you in Canada too?

LOL! Doesn't know where oil country is!!!

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Base Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheee! View Post

LOL! Doesn't know where oil country is!!!
There are actually many oil countires, Canada is one of those
Old 01-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are actually many oil countires, Canada is one of those
That's ok, I don't know where Toronto is....

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Base Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheee! View Post
That's ok, I don't know where Toronto is....
He asked me where am I in Canada, that's why I was wondering if he is in Canada too, no offense. The location ppl filled in doesn't have to be true. That's why I'm asking. Just don't know what's so funny for you.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

Quote:

Many Thanks!
Welcome and congratulations! White looks great on the Z. The next month will be tough yes but it'll be worth the wait.

I think if I understand your question correctly, that a short shifter would address your concern about the shifter being so high. If you conduct a search on "short shifter" here in the forum you'll find info on what is available and any concerns about using one. B&M makes a short shifter for the 370Z and I've seen several vendors on this forum selling them. Good luck!

Last edited by ZCarMan; 01-30-2010 at 05:32 AM.
ZCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote