Nissan 370Z Forum  

Nismo conversion checklist?

Tried searching and I am either not looking hard enough or plain lazy. I'm trying to make sure I got my pricing right for my nismo conversion. I'm converting a

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2015, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 AT GM Z
Exhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nismo conversion checklist?

Tried searching and I am either not looking hard enough or plain lazy. I'm trying to make sure I got my pricing right for my nismo conversion. I'm converting a 15 sport.

Front Fascia kit (not sure if this is the bumper as well???):

https://www.z1motorsports.com/front-...it-p-8198.html

Side Skirts:
https://www.z1motorsports.com/door-s...ts-p-7596.html

Rear Fascia kit:
https://www.z1motorsports.com/aero-a...ia-p-4289.html

I dont care for the headlights and the other goodies like floormats and everything else can come later. I think sub total before painting and install should be around $2.8k. I plan on doing most of the installs myself, outsourcing the paint. Is there anything else I need to know about? I remember reading something about the under tray needing to be replaced, is that true?

Thanks,
Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

Drives: 14 PW 370Z S/T MT
cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

2015 Nismo Bumper on 2009 Sport possible?
edliaszenik likes this.

Member of kenchan's "photoshopped mods" and "proper offsets" gang.
cooltoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Exhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond reputeExhaust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltoy View Post
I saw this thread however A I am not going to sit here and scroll through 43 different pages and B there isnt any checklist of any kind listed in this thread. lots of useless convo. Primarily looking for people that have already performed the swap that can chime in.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2012 NISMO 370Z
edliaszenik is on a distinguished road

That thread is chock full of people that have already done the conversion. And it also has a list put together of all parts needed near the end of the thread. To make a redundant thread and to show lack of care to search yourself makes most users reluctant to help. Just FYI
JARblue and ohhbcase like this.
edliaszenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: '12 6MT Sport
ohhbcase is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust View Post
I saw this thread however A I am not going to sit here and scroll through 43 different pages and B there isnt any checklist of any kind listed in this thread. lots of useless convo. Primarily looking for people that have already performed the swap that can chime in.
There is also a list near the beginning of the thread as well. Also I think there is a link to a particular website that sells the front bumper with everything else you need to fit it properly. Enjoy the read
ohhbcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowly
2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute

You'd save a lot more money just selling your sport and buying a nismo. To get the seats your looking at nearly ~5k? for the pair. You can get the aftermarket equivalent and have an upholsterer modify them but that's not cheap either, then you have the wheels and steering wheel. And then come all the smaller things.

Also I am not sure on newer models but the older model nismos had different front under trays from the non nismo ones.
2011 Nismo#91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
You'd save a lot more money just selling your sport and buying a nismo. To get the seats your looking at nearly ~5k? for the pair. You can get the aftermarket equivalent and have an upholsterer modify them but that's not cheap either, then you have the wheels and steering wheel. And then come all the smaller things.

Also I am not sure on newer models but the older model nismos had different front under trays from the non nismo ones.
Well its not going to be a full on conversion as I will be skipping plenty of parts, wheel, LEDs, seats, headlights.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Base Member

If you're not doing a full conversion then why are you making everyone else get a full list of parts for you?
Old 11-03-2015, 09:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tried searching and I am ......plain lazy.
This.
Zbrah and edliaszenik like this.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Did any of you MF's read the last half of my post or do you all want to keep swinging dicks? I was looking for a list if there is one. But I never said I was doing a full convo in OP or perhaps anything else I need in additional to what I listed in the original post.

"I dont care for the headlights and the other goodies like floormats and everything else can come later. I think sub total before painting and install should be around $2.8k. I plan on doing most of the installs myself, outsourcing the paint. Is there anything else I need to know about? I remember reading something about the under tray needing to be replaced, is that true?"

Last edited by Exhaust; 11-03-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Base Member

I'm sure everyone's dying to help you now.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Mods please lock thread.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z
Zbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did any of you MF's read the last half of my post or do you all want to keep swinging dicks? I was looking for a list if there is one. But I never said I was doing a full convo in OP or perhaps anything else I need in additional to what I listed in the original post.

"I dont care for the headlights and the other goodies like floormats and everything else can come later. I think sub total before painting and install should be around $2.8k. I plan on doing most of the installs myself, outsourcing the paint. Is there anything else I need to know about? I remember reading something about the under tray needing to be replaced, is that true?"
Old 11-03-2015, 12:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

Iggy lister.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z
Zbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond repute

Found the part lists within 5 minutes of scrolling through that thread. I also copied and pasted them on to a separate file BUT I'm too lazy to share it here. Good luck!
cooltoy and edliaszenik like this.