Nissan 370Z Forum  

EVO-R? Worthless?

Hey Z peeps- So I just went ahead and ordered the Carbon front fang cover for my 2011 yesterday. After digging around a bit it sounds like they make fairly

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

Like Tree8Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2015, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370z PL M6
ViciousZ34 is on a distinguished road
Default EVO-R? Worthless?

Hey Z peeps-

So I just went ahead and ordered the Carbon front fang cover for my 2011 yesterday. After digging around a bit it sounds like they make fairly shotty products and apparently have left people hanging in the past and not shipped goods at all to customers.

Can anyone confirm any of this?

Thanks
Vicious
Old 07-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: AAM Twin Turbo 370Z
Aviator44 is a jewel in the roughAviator44 is a jewel in the roughAviator44 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousZ34 View Post
Hey Z peeps-

So I just went ahead and ordered the Carbon front fang cover for my 2011 yesterday. After digging around a bit it sounds like they make fairly shotty products and apparently have left people hanging in the past and not shipped goods at all to customers.

Can anyone confirm any of this?

Thanks
Vicious
Did you order directly through EVO-R or through the Zstore?

If you ordered directly through EVO-R it's been hit or miss for people. Everything I've ordered has been through the Zstore (EVO-R Retailer) and arrived fairly quickly and in good condition.

I have their fang cover and 3-piece front lip. I personally have zero complaints with either product and both fit very well.
sunkist350z likes this.

www.aamcompetition.com
AAM Twin Turbo System
Old 07-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th A.E.
LostSol is a splendid one to beholdLostSol is a splendid one to beholdLostSol is a splendid one to beholdLostSol is a splendid one to beholdLostSol is a splendid one to beholdLostSol is a splendid one to beholdLostSol is a splendid one to beholdLostSol is a splendid one to behold

You get what you pay for. Its a cheap cover, so you get a cheap cover. It will be thin, may or may not fit well, and will not have a real clear coat.

My suggestion is that if you get it and it fits well, take it to a body shop and have them put a real clear coat on it otherwise it will start to yellow after about a year.

As for shipping, they are slow, i usually went through another vendor to get their stuff rather than straight through them.
2010 Nissan 370Z 40th Anniversary Edition #762/1000
| Forgestar | Michelin | Swift | TRS | Z Speed | ARK | Z1 | Hawk | CFE | Evo-R | GTMat | Stillen | Seibon | Whiteline | Pioneer |
Old 07-08-2015, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSol View Post
You get what you pay for. Its a cheap cover, so you get a cheap cover. It will be thin, may or may not fit well, and will not have a real clear coat.

My suggestion is that if you get it and it fits well, take it to a body shop and have them put a real clear coat on it otherwise it will start to yellow after about a year.

As for shipping, they are slow, i usually went through another vendor to get their stuff rather than straight through them.
All of this. Evo-R has screwed a lot of people here. AK banned him for a while for taking money, stringing people along until you were past the window that Paypal gives to dispute the transaction and never giving your money back. Buy from the Z Store if you must have some of his products, but serious buyer beware.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute

He was real good about shipping my stuff (blades & diffuser). Had them within a week. Blades somewhat fit. Diffuser didn't fit at all.

I don't know for sure, but I'd bet that this is a side business for him. Like a lot of people in the automotive aftermarket business. A couple parts here & there. So priorities get shifted when it's not what's putting food on the table.

And it's sad you see this so much with aftermarket stuff. Makes me wonder if there is a market to be a manager for small makers and distribute for them. One of my clients does this for a lot of small industrial motor makers.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Base Member

Thanks for the Info guys! Yea i grabbed it straight from his website hopefully it shows up and fits. Appreciate all the knowledge, this is my first car that i'm going to start throwing serious aftermarket parts at so I am somewhat green to the AM market. Hopefully all the Z pros here can guide a rookie away from being screwed. I'll post pics when it comes in..

thanks again!
Old 07-08-2015, 12:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Drives: 14 PW 370Z S/T MT
cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

From what I have read here, the fang cover fits well.

Member of kenchan's "photoshopped mods" and "proper offsets" gang.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
CarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant future

it fits well, we are working with EVO-R on some projects never had any issue in getting items in time unless they are not in stock but then they had always informed us of delay.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

Drives: 2011 370z MB/7at
nomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond repute

I've had good luck with Jay. Once I had a small coms issue but it was mostly my fault but once I was able to speak to him I received my part quickly
Old 07-09-2015, 08:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

i got mine as a gift like 6yrs ago. did not fit well horizontally. the bottom required cutting by 1" as it wasnt made to fit the sport's deflectors.

i used a metal cutter bit on my dremel. im sure u all know this, but wear a mask while cutting cf. cf dust will get into your lungs and cause permanent breathing problems.

then clear coated the area i cut to prevent moisture entry.

also note that you will need some black enamel or something to paint the gap you will see in the opening. u'll know wat i mean if you have anything but a black car.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Base Member

That's a relief Glad to hear it fits. My Z is pearl so I'll need to get some black enamel and thanks for the info on the cut as I have the sports deflector as well. Still haven't had any response from Jay yet but I'll try again. After reading all your posts I feel a bit better about it all.

thanks guys!
Old 07-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: VW UP! 1.0 Ltr
swiss370Z is a jewel in the roughswiss370Z is a jewel in the roughswiss370Z is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomodsjk View Post
I've had good luck with Jay
The same here
Old 07-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: AAM Twin Turbo 370Z
Aviator44 is a jewel in the roughAviator44 is a jewel in the roughAviator44 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
That's a relief Glad to hear it fits. My Z is pearl so I'll need to get some black enamel and thanks for the info on the cut as I have the sports deflector as well. Still haven't had any response from Jay yet but I'll try again. After reading all your posts I feel a bit better about it all.

thanks guys!
One piece of advice, put more 3m double sided tape on the cover before you put it on. They sell it at automotive stores for like $5.

www.aamcompetition.com
AAM Twin Turbo System
Old 07-09-2015, 12:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 PW/Grey T/S 7AT
Felix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonSignal View Post
it fits well, we are working with EVO-R on some projects never had any issue in getting items in time unless they are not in stock but then they had always informed us of delay.
You as a vendor have a lot more leverage in getting response & quality over the average consumer & is one of the best reasons not to buy direct. . There are a few exceptions.

Quote:
Thanks for the Info guys! Yea i grabbed it straight from his website hopefully it shows up and fits. Appreciate all the knowledge, this is my first car that i'm going to start throwing serious aftermarket parts at so I am somewhat green to the AM market. Hopefully all the Z pros here can guide a rookie away from being screwed. I'll post pics when it comes in..

thanks again!
Best of luck to you. I would say do not let too much time pass (point of no return disputing with credit card/Paypal ect) before filing a claim if you get no communication/ no parts. Quality issues you might be on your own.
Research, Research, Research before ever pulling out the credit card
Chuck33079 and blueranger like this.

Μολὼν λαβέ
Old 07-09-2015, 03:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Base Member

Noted on the 3M tape. Yea, I was just so geeked as i just got my Z I just bought it direct and should have thought about that. How do you guys correspond with Jay? I tried Jay@evo-r.net
Closed Thread