View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
When you say the cockpit, do you mean taking out the seats, carpet, etc? Did you do all that? If so, how did it turn out, especially in terms of creating squeaks and rattles?
Yeah, I meant dynamating the entire interior. I never did it, but I think it's the only way to go on a hatch-type car if you really want to cut down on road noise. And even then you might need more than dynamat. Dynamat adds weight to interior panels to help prevent resonance, but doesn't really do all that much to absorb the transfer of sound. You might need something heavier overtop of the dynamat like Second Skin's "Luxury Liner."

I think the best thing to do is just put the windows down, get an exhaust, or turn up your music and just enjoy the drive.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote