View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #31 (permalink)
Dizzy
Base Member

Drives: 10 HW 6MT SPT/NAV
Dizzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
In my case the total landed cost (OTD), taxes, RIV, inspection, & DRL mod was $39,600 - 2010 Touring 6MT Sport & Nav. Closest I could get in Canada was $42K + taxes (plus shipping from Ontario).
If I could have found a car at that price point, I would have jumped at it too. Non of the dealers I spoke to down south were willing to do an out of state sale. They all insisted the car had to be sold and registered in their state. That despite my strongest arguements that they didn't need to do that.

Interesting news on the warrenty. When I called Nissan, the told me the exact opposite. If I bought the car new, or within the first 6 months of registering, I could not transfer or get a warrenty. If I bought it 6 months or later after the car was registered, then the warrenty was transferable.

As a matter of fact, if I could have gotten a Z at that price point, I would have taken my chances with the warrenty! Unfortunately, non of the dealers I spoke with where willing to do business north of the boarder.

Bottom line though, our buck is at par and has been damn close to parity for years. Why then is there that much difference? I actually know the answers to that question......but it still makes me sick!