View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #882 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggomyeggo View Post
The unloaded thing in IL is kinda bunk. They make these little fanny pac looking things that hold a clip and a gun that you can load the clip easily to get around the law but i think those are just kinda dumb.

I support a right to carry but if the argument is deterrence then why conceal the gun. Why not carry it in a western style holster or tactical leg holster to let the criminals know you have a gun. If you conceal it they dont know who has one or not but If they know for sure I have a gun and they are unsure about someone else then wouldnt the criminal go after the person who they didnt know for sure if they had a gun or not.

I know carrying like its the wild west has several bad drawbacks so im only half serious the other half I am attempting to be funny but really I would like to see a C&C law in IL or at least where i can keep a loaded weapon in the car
There's a BIG debate about OC vs. CC.

I think the general thought to CC is the criminals never know who has a gun. Some pro-CC people say OC makes you more of a target.

You could also argue that in liberal areas OC could get you into trouble (man with a gun 911 calls, etc). With CC at least you know that you have something if the SHTF and no one else needs to know so all the sheep can stay nice and happy.

I would OC everyday if more people did it and I knew it wouldn't cause a stir.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote