Thread: 2012 gt-r
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
370Ztune
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z34 370Z
370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
They did refresh the looks a little bit with the 2012 GT-R. I haven't ever driven one. What's so bad about the driving experience. Is it just because its an auto or are there other this too?
The driving feel is disconnected as the car is so fast and so easy to drive, you lose perspective. The best way I can describe it is through an anecdote...

While getting off one freeway onto another, I began accelerating a little bit. The off-ramp/on-ramp had a large right bank with a pretty drastic curve. The funny part is that I wasn't watching the speedo until I happen to look down mid-curve. Now, I wasn't pushing the car by any means (which is why it didn't feel fast at all), but my speed was considerably higher than any other "stock" car could take this curve in without approaching some handling limits. Basically, it didn't feel "fast.

That's the simplest explanation I can think of for the driving feel of the GT-R. This little story took place in a 2010 R35. The 2012 has completely revised suspension, so I would expect the same result or better in the same situation.
370Ztune is offline   Reply With Quote