View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #181 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Push370zzz View Post
They don't. Some might call a Nissan badge a real flaw

When I had the Z, somebody actually told me they liked my Altima once when I was filling up. Yikes...

I'm pretty shocked at the animosity from this forum. One of your own (09 370z owner for over a year) leaves and gets another car and all of the sudden everybody gets all defensive over a positive review of a half-competing vehicle? I never attacked the Z...just said the 135 is much more tunable and that makes it fun for me. Unless you guys are going to have your 370 for the rest of your life, cut the crap. There are better cars. Even a 5.0 Mustang can kill a 370 on the track right? A Mustang! I honestly never thought I'd see the day, because I was always one of those "american cars are only fast in a straight line" people.

I wish the Z had a motor like the one I have in my 135 because it would pretty much be the perfect car, and I'd still have it. It doesn't, and for me, I prefer to have a DD that is comfortable, knows what torque is, and when I track it...minimal modifications should make it keep up with some substantially faster cars when stock. That is not the Z. That's why for me, the Z was not the right choice. It might be for you, and good luck.
No defensiveness or animosity, just a better knowledge of both platforms than you.

The 1 series platform has some real suspension issues well known in the motorsports world. How many 1 series do you see racing in Grand Am? Or any other serious series? Teams have made assessment and have said no thanks to econo box suspension on this overweight car.

I havent met a track yet that doesnt put a premium on HP but given new Mustang holds nearly 100 hp advantage and a 370Z Nismo can equal it or even better a mustangs times on some tracks I think that is alone indicates handling superiority of the Z. Also very clear AX guys in US made pony cars dont want the Z to run in their classes - most of them say the Z has a suspension advantage they cant overcome. LOL!

135i is very nice little econo car but its overpriced by about $5K. Seems like your trying to justify the purchase to us? I can understand how you were seduced by nicer interior and turbo power, but the car falls flat on performance side for serious drivers like me. I spent plenty of time in the 135i and honestly can say I was impressed with it as a commute car but not as a track enthusiast car. Lots of people outside of the 370Z world concur with that opinion.

Can we close this thread now its sort of getting boring.