View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
lazer_Z
Premium Member

Drives: s2000
lazer_Z is on a distinguished road
Default DIY: JADE performance rear lower brace install (gt spec, lazer_z)

Hey everyone. I recently made my own version of a rear lower brace, or tie bar. I originally was going to make this for myself as I have made many things for previous cars and my race bikes. Anyway after some interest here on the forum I decided to sell a few of them. This is the promised "How-to" on installing the bar.

Things needed:
Jack
Jack stands (somewhat optional)
17mm socket and ratchet.

Time:
5 min. maybe.

Step 1:
Jack the rear end of the car up as much as needed to access the two nuts seen below. You can see what I used as a jacking point, but feel free to use your own if desired. I also did not use jackstands, as this took me about 5 min with taking pictures and I can somewhat fit under the car without the jack.

Step 2:
Loosen the two nuts seen here. They are attached to the arm that seats the bottom of the spring. They also are the adjustment point for the rear toe. You can mark where they currently are (before taking loose) or you can just go get another alignment after the install.

Step 3:
Slide the rear brace into place and poke the bolts through the holes in the brace.

Step 4:
Tighten the nuts back down and admire your work. Then once you are done, lower the car and enjoy!