Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #56 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM View Post
M3 is a tempermental car and you need a good amount of seat time to get used to its intricacies and where you need to keep the revs to get the torque you need. What's really incredible is the time against the Z06 and R8. Was this the V8 R8 model? I can't imagine it beat the V10
My guess is it was the V8 R8, but I'm not sure.

The Boss lapped in 1:40.2. From the article:

Quote:
How fast is that? Well, we compared those times against a few vehicles from our MRLS lap-time database and were astonished. With a professional racing driver behind the wheel, the 2009 BMW M3 that competed in our 2008 Best Handling competition clocked a 1:42.9. In our 2009 Best Driver's Car competition the 2010 Shelby GT500 lapped in 1:44.3 while a 2010 Audi R8 did it in 1:40.8. This puts the Boss 302 in a very elite field, and it's not the fastest Boss. According to Ford, Bomarito lapped the Boss Laguna Seca under 1 minute and 40 seconds.

Read more: 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca Lap Time - Motor Trend
The interesting thing to note is that this was just the standard Boss 302 model, not the faster, meaner Laguna Seca version.

I'm interested to see how much quicker the LS version is, and to see how both Boss' shake out in the C&D Lightning Lap competition.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote