Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #52 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I read FORD will add the 6 dct transmission to every car by 2013 and they will focus on better performance with every vehicle they make. Even SUV's. I'm dying to see what a mustang with a 6 dct would feel like? With the extremely quick shifts of dct trannies I'm guessing that 4.4 second sprint to 60 will shrink further. Maybe 4.2 and 12.5 quarter time?
I'm also dying to see camaros answer with the 2012 camaro to the current mustang
Yeah, the next generation Mustang will get the 6speed DCT for it's automatic option.

FWIW, the Boss is tested at 3.9 0-60.

The 2014 Mustangs will likely weigh less than 3400 lbs, have about 450 hp, and the 6-speed DCT will be the automatic option. If they give the car enough tire I think you're looking at low 12s right out of the box.

Also, the V6 is going to be replaced by an Ecoboost I-4, which could be interesting. The V6 Mustangs are running solidly in the mid 13s stock right now and mod potential is pretty good, but a turbo 4 could make them even more interesting.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote