View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #52 (permalink)
Urbanracer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: God's Chariot
Urbanracer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post

I wonder if people also realized they paid significantly more but got relatively less for their money. Marginal at best performance gains and no leather, no heated seats, no nav...

You get a plaque with your Nismo car number though, so that's gotta be worth $5k alone.
Nice comment but its just your opinion. Different drivers want different things in a sports car.

"Relatively less" is completely subjective in this case and is based on what one needs and desires in a car. In my case I spent less on the nismo then a sport/touring would have cost me, trading those things for a better looking Z with wheels that I wouldn't have to swap out was well worth it. Even the bose system would have been a waste since I would have replaced it. If my Z was my daily driver I would have given alot more consideration to those items, but then again buying a two seat car as a daily driver wouldn't be a smart decision on my part. Again, all comes down to ones opinion and what your needs are in a car.

Historically, limited production cars fetch a better resale then base models so there may be some value in the plaque.

To each his own, be happy with what you bought and enjoy driving it. If the car puts you in your happy place then its doing everything that it should and nothing anyone else says should ever matter.
Urbanracer is offline   Reply With Quote