View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #733 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothZ View Post
What kind of holster will you mate with it?
Well, I bought a Galco clip-on IWB kydex holster for it at the gun shop that works OK, but I have some issues with it pulling out with the gun on the draw. I think I'm going to return it and spend my money on a Crossbreed Supertuck or similar.

I will also probably pick up a Blackhawk Serpa OWB holster since VA is an open-carry state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_K View Post
Nice! Lookin to get the Gen4 17 myself. Love to hear a review when you spend more time with it. What made you go with the G26 over the XD9SC or Kahr CW9?
I chose the G26 over the XD because It fit my hand much better, generally felt a lot better to me, and seemed like the better concealment choice. The slide on the XD was a little too tall and thick compared to the Glock, and the grip on the XD is a little longer as well. Not huge differences, but enough to sway me to the Glock. It just felt "right."

Hopefully I can get it to the range soon so I can comment on how it shoots.

The shop did not have any Kahr CW9s in stock but I did check out a K9 and P9. Both excellent quality guns and I knew the CW would be pretty comparable to them (same dimensions) but I felt like, right now, I got more for my money by going with the Glock. At some point I might go back and pick up a CW9 or the new CM9 since they are nice guns.

I think next up for me will be a G19. Loved the feel of that gun, but obviously too big for CC. The GF really liked it too. It will make a good open carry, home defense, or range gun thats for sure. I did check out the G17 but that one just didn't feel right to me, not sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Take care of that, it will increase in value, in time!
I will try to shoot it sparingly! I've seen them going for $900 or more depending on condition. It's a shame I can't really shoot it every day because it really is a dream to fire.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote