View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #135 (permalink)
ianthegreat
Base Member

Drives: 08 335i, 86 Ranger
ianthegreat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM View Post
Anyone else think that a straight 6 with twin turbo's making 340-350 whp on 15 psi is kind of pitiful? A TT 370Z on 8 psi will make 440 whp. They really aren't in the same class. Unless you do a lot of weight reduction they will get eaten alive on a road courses much like an S5. They're touring cars. They're meant for cruising comfortably at high speeds and have the convenience of trunks, plush leather, and all the luxury amenities while still handling well and being "fast".

And why bore out the motor and keep stock turbo's? That may be cheaper but it's much more of a production than a turbo swap
No no.. I think you misunderstood. The stock turbo was bored out a bit, not the engine . All in all, this is the first turbo "upgrade" and its making 460whp on pump 93. At 20psi w/ meth and fuel its 500+. It's funny, I can't even describe how small the turbos are. Literally, each one is the size of a deck of cards.

I agree with you though, without serious suspension upgrades, the 335i would not round a track like a 370z ever.

Last edited by ianthegreat; 03-11-2011 at 07:18 PM.