View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #70 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by metson View Post
I'm not one of the many guys I see on this forum who can put a turbo on the car, put in a new audio system or do a new custom paint job to their Z. I'm not jealous or anything as I do enjoy reading about them and hoping some day I will be able to do some of that. I'm doing okay...just glad to have a Z which I try to take good care of as it is kind of my dream car. I was happy in a way except for property taxes of how the car held its value. But then I read this about Consumer Reports and its very disappointing because I know how it will effect things. I had this happen to me many years ago with a car that I owned. When the day comes to purchase another vehicle even another Z....the dealer will go, "Well...that year was not good as you can see in Consumer Reports so we can only give you this on the car" or if you try to sell it..some guy will go "Consumer reports says...." I like consumer reports myself but sometimes their judgement is unfair. I have had none of the issues that I read about. I guess the sad thing is that maybe all the research they hear is from people with problems and not those who are happy with the car.... Don't know if what I'm saying is making any sense as I was surprised to see this and as I said very disappointed. I'm too disappointed with Nissan. Some issues and problems they could react to better then they do and many customers would not be upset and frustrated as they get due to Nissan's reactions. Sometimes I feel that all they want to do is just sell you the car.... and then the heck with you afterwards. THANKS CONSUMER REPORTS AND NISSAN......THANK YOU!
I wouldn't worry too much about it -- all cars depreciate quite a bit. Anyway, if you trade it in, the dealers will invariably fvck you running on the deal anyhow

In the end, you'll never get close to its theoretical value back (closer on a private sale, obviously) -- that's just the way it is with 99.99% of all cars.