Thread: The "Boss"
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #119 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
I wouldn't call deciding to get fiscally sound and push quality asap as getting "lucky". I'm sure they took quite a bit of short term quarterly profit hit to get there.
It was a lot of smart decision making. Honestly, it never would have happened without Alan Mulally. After turning Boeing around he came in and started making wholesale changes.

He's got an engineering background which really helps with the end products, too. He knows what Ford needs to be making and focusing it's attention on to succeed. One of the more notable things he's done lately is issue notice to all Ford engineers that, if any new model after 2012 is not, at a minimum, 250 to 750 lbs lighter than the model it's replacing it will not be approved... no exceptions.

That's pretty cool because then you figure the 50th Anniversary Mustang (MY2014) will be around 3,350 lbs at maximum with likely ~450 hp in V8 form.

AND we're likely to see the 3.7L V6 replaced with an EcoBoost 4 banger.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote