View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Parkerman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 MB 370z
Parkerman is on a distinguished road
Default Questions about audio setup.

I currently do not own a Z, but I am in the market for one and searching daily for the right one to pop up.

In the mean time.. I like to have a plan of what I want to do to the car. I keep reading of how horrible the stock sound system is so I will be upgrading all of that first.

I want to use the sub and amp I have in my current car, which is a JL 12w6 and JL 500/1. I had planned to go with the zenclosure 12in single sub box, but at the same time I wouldn't mind something that would replace the spare tire. I'm just not real sure what my options are for a sub like the 12w6. I know they suggest a 1.25^3 box for it.

I will be purchasing everything else, and I kind of want to stick with JL Audio all the way around unless someone has a good reason not to. [I just like the idea of everything matching]

But here is what I have in mind for the rest of the car.

- JL Audio C5-650 components
- JL Audio C2-350X for the rear [I know some say you shouldn't have any speakers in the rear of the Z, but I want them there to have that options. I can turn them off if I decide I don't care for them.]
- JL Audio 300/4 amp
- Pioneer AVIC-X920BT head unit [I already have a Pioneer XM unit]

I guess the main thing I want is your opinion on this setup... what you might change... And also if there would be a better option than the Zenclosure box.

Thanks in advanced!
- Parker

*edited* - changed the C5-525x to C5-650 since they will fit.

Last edited by Parkerman; 03-06-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Parkerman is offline   Reply With Quote