View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
red6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Z Coupe M6 SPT
red6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorDave View Post
I'm pretty sure you're going to get nothing but strong opinions, sonic. The "I will NEVER get a sports car with an AT" crowd is fairly stubborn, myself included. I wouldn't even test drive a car with one.

I won't try to speak for others, but I realize I am becoming a bit of a dinosaur on this issue. Ferrari, Porsche, and even Nissan don't offer MT on some sports cars because they don't maximize performance.

I also realize Nissan could not appeal to the range of enthusiasts without offering an AT. They know we aren't all tracking the car, and some of us suffer through stop and go city traffic everyday.

So, to each their own , even though MT is way better, and my Z could beat up your Z

The AT in the cars you mentioned are alot different then the one in the Z correct? As much as I would rather get the new GTR in a good old 6spd even if it ment a few ticks slower but the only way it comes is with the flappy pedal tranny.