Thread: took vdc off
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #56 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tanooki View Post
I've not really ever turned VDC off, yet the car still steps out if I nail it on a curving freeway on-ramp, or spins up if I floor it in first or second in a straight line... I thought VDC was supposed to completely prevent that altogether??
VDC uses a number of sensors on the car that detect wheel speed, yaw, control input, etc. If the computer detects that the car is not acting within tolerance of the intended direction of travel based on your control inputs, it will react.

Because it's a reactionary system, not a preventionary one, it won't keep you from sliding around or spinning the tires all together. It's there to act as a safety net for when things do go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18whisky View Post
It was at 600am the temperature was 29 deegres going to work, the deal is I was making a right turn at 30mph hit black ice and the car went sideways, to corrected I had to push the throttle and do a powerslide. With VDC on I bet the car woulded caught greep and problably lost control. I was not specting that to happend. I think everybody needs to learn what your car is capable off so when this moments comes you know what to do.
You still on the sauce, there?
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote