View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Seriously. This Forum Has Ruined My Ability To Enjoy My Car

All these threads about freakin' road noise have ruined it for me!
I'm totally paranoid that my cabin is noisy and I'm unable to enjoy driving my car anymore.

We had some hurricane-force winds rip through Central Pennsylvania on Friday and as a result, my car cover blew completely off. So Saturday morning I decided I might as well take my baby for a drive. The forecast called for sunny skies and a balmy 43 degrees. The roads were dry as I disconnected the Battery Minder and bled off the extra air from the tires.
I thumbed my presently white start button and enjoyed the rumble of my Fast Intentions cat-back as the engine came to life. I appreciated the fresh look of my simota1 fuel gauge overly and breathed in the smell of leather and what I could swear was a lingering new car smell.
I clutched in and snicked the gear lever into 1st and pulled out of my driveway.
Then it began...

As I drove up my street that was covered in cinders, my ears bled from the sound coming from my wheel wells. It was like having a mouthful of Pop Rocks exploding in my head. It was maddening!
The only thing I could do was press down on the accelerator and bring the revs up in the hopes that the luscious sound of my exhaust would offset the cacophony emanating from my wheel wells. Unfortunately, that resulted in me needing to grab the next higher gear, then the next. Before I knew it, I was traveling at a high rate of speed and a corner was approaching... fast! I got on the brakes and went down a gear, laughing with amusement as the Synchro-Rev did its thing causing a satisfying burble to come from my exhaust. I focused on the apex of the corner, turned in and got on the gas again causing the ice cold tires to fight for grip. The rear of the car slid to the left a little as the flickering VDC light on my dash let me know that I was having too much fun.
I continued this process for the next 7 miles until I got to the parking lot at work. I pulled into my favourite spot and let out a satisfied sigh as I pressed the button to shut her down. I got out, unlocked the doors to the shop and as I went in, took one more look at the beautiful machine sitting in the parking lot. Ahhhhhh.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank this forum and all of its cabin noise threads for ruining my ability to enjoy my car.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote