View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfweber View Post
The Z is rough, loud, harsh because Nissan wants it that way.

Shift wise it feels heavy duty.

Let me ask this, "What did you think during/after the test drive?"

I bought the Z with the short throw shifter already installed and the car had 2800 miles on it. At first it felt like I had to give more effort than I was comfortable with to shift but now I'm very used to it and prefer it this way, especially after I drove the other cars. I've never gotten a feel for how the normal shifter is on the Z except for when I was sitting in a Z in a dealership.
The cars that I mentioned driving were all quite loose and had too much play imo. As someone said, the WRX does have a longer throw.
I'm glad most of you have said the Z's gearbox stays stiff and notchy.

I was curious to if I'd want the cylindrical Nismo shift knob and I tested a similar one on the wrx, and i realized it's a matter of how you naturally hold it. I told it on top, so the stock ball-shape fits me. The cylindrical is better for those that grab it on the side. Other than that, since it was metal it was a bit cold and I'm assuming it's burning hot in the summer.
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!

Last edited by wdkwang; 02-27-2011 at 03:28 PM.
wdkwang is offline   Reply With Quote