View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #65 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclemeaty View Post
Timing map is stock right now. I tried a timing map with numbers ~2 points lower and the car still retards after several runs.

1. Water temp is normal
2. Oil temp gets high. Seems higher than 210F and the car starts pulling timng at WOT.
3. Its 93 octane from Shell, laced with 15% ethanol. There is no better mix around, Chevron is more expensive but likely slightly better.
4. Perhaps. I'll have to comb through a few more logs to see, but in all I'd say timing is ~4 degrees retarded from 4500 rpm all the way up to redline.

I'm so close to getting this oil cooler. Since Summit is within 50 miles, Napa will likely price match.

I wouldnt worry about the timing getting pull from 4500-5500
I also tried many thing in that area but the timing always went down

thats probably an hidden map somewhere when the VVEL start going up at 4800rpm the timing goes down a little bit.

the only way I saw to not have the timing being pulled is when I run with a low timing value before 4500rpm , but that result give less power.

Im still waiting on the part for my Knock listening device to go deeper into that possible problem. if the ECU feel or not a knock/ping in that area
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote