View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
BrianUSMC
Base Member

Drives: 370z PG,6MT,T,S,Nav
BrianUSMC will become famous soon enoughBrianUSMC will become famous soon enough
Default Think I found an answer:

Ok, I think I may have found the answer to my question. Unfortunately, I am not quite sure what it means! So the bolt inside the knob tightens the sleeve. I am assuming this is for a race shifter with a smooth shaft? (haha) Or am I way off?

"This GT Titanium Shift Knob is made commercially with the use of titanium material, and is exactly the same as the shift knob installed in the NISMO Skyline GT-R/GT500 class (as participated in the Japanese GT championship series). The knob is made of lightweight & exotic material: titanium alloy. A NISMO logo is professionally laser-etched on the knob.

Installation method is the same process as the one used for GT500 race machines. Installation is by tightening the steel sleeve from the knob point which is inserted into the shift knob with a bolt. All installation parts are included in the installation kit. There are two types of shift knobs offered, one for the Nissan 5-speed manual cars, and the other is the Nissan 6-speed manual cars.

There is also two types of material Lightweight Titanium or Soft Urethane."
BrianUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote