View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #75 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic370Z View Post
???

I took the whole thing off, but as I was putting it back on I thought to myself, "I wonder..." sure enough there is plenty of room. of the section that folds down (requiring you to only remove the 4 bolts) the drain bolt is dead center of that flap and the oil filter just above it. I had plenty of space to change the filter and drain the oil with just the flap down? anyone who goes to change their oil take a look at it first and see if you have room to work (since you have to remove those 4 bolts anyway).
Just saw this, nice find there. Definitely going to try the "only 4 bolts" method on my next change, which is coming up in about 500 miles (probably end of next week, or middle of the one after).