Thread: Got my Uprev??
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
docaam
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34/240z/Hakosuka
docaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37sHKS View Post
Yes Docaam the 1:1 in 7AT is 4th gear..

But 5AT like Sam's car "IS" 3rd gear.. lol redyno and you will see 300 HP

Now i see why your base numbers were similar to mine all though you have more mods than I do.. they did it on 3rd gear!
The tuner said the difference wont be that much in 3rd and 4th? but will put unnecessary pressure on the gear?

which dyno tensai has?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
Is there another tuner nearby with a different dyno? Have others dyno'd there and have had similar results? from what I've seen Mustangs do read lower than most, And 4th is the sweet spot for 7AT.
There are only two tuners here one is this where I went and usually everyone goes, I cant compare the numbers with other people because hey just moved their dyno and told me before hand it will read low.

The second is one where G37sHKS took his car, he was soo dishearted that he detuned his car, after they broke his gearbox....they are good with EVOs tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
I believe the torque was measured in newton-meters rather than foot-pounds. But after conversion still seems way too low, about 193 ft-lbs before and 211 ft-lbs after. I guess attributed to wrong gear selection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Being in 3rd alone is explanation for the loss in HP. If you're not driving the wheels with a 1:1 ratio, it easily explains ~30 hp loss.
I will be checking with them on Saturday as they are closed till then

So what you reckon, a retune and redyno or just a redyno?
docaam is offline   Reply With Quote