View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #55 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclemeaty View Post
From what I believe ~75 would cause mine to ping at high RPMs. I have a feeling your ECU may have been retarding the timing back to 70-71 levels which is why your timing is just the same between those settings. You are probably running safer now than you were last summer if that is the case.

One thing I want to note, is that if ~75 was working on the Dyno, it might not be working on the street. If that is the case, the argument for getting it tuned on the street is very important.

Also, I notice you have mid to high 70s in your timing map at low to mid throttle. Thats definately and area I should look at some more. I wonder if your fuel economy went up from setting those numbers that aggressivly. For me, I have not gone there yet as I've noticed that anything over ~1/3 throttle runs through the right-most 5-6 bars. Anything left of that is all for cruising and economy.
my tune with the 75 in timing was working alright on the dyno and the street
the ECU was not pulling(retarding) timing or anything , it just didnt want to go any higher than 30-31 BTDC

the result was the same with 70 or 75

last , my fuel economy isnt great because I my tune is quite agressive and ofcourse not finish,,
its hard to street tune in the winter here , slippery, snowing. slushy...
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote