View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bits View Post
Cool, I stand corrected. However, I'm a bit puzzled at the G3's success now.

I can't speak for Stillen, but from what I've read they've done a fair amount of research into the long tube design. There's some increased (very smooth) flow, Lottsa filtration area, and relatively cool air from in front of the radiator. In addition, the MAF signal is probably altered slightly as the tube ID's are slightly different than stock, resulting in a slight leaning and more power. There are lots of factors, one of which is that most Dynos seem to have been done with the nose off. which enhances the end result some. I've been building airboxes for Audi's for 8 years now so I've got a little experience messing with them. Some of it's science, some of it's luck, some of it's a sympatico relationship between engine designs and the CAI's that work well on them..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 06-18-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote