View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
What is an emission sniffing van and why should I be worried about it? What about people with HFC's, will they be an issue as well? I don't have one yet but will get one eventually.
Its a moble emissions testing center. Basically they set up at an acceleration point on a highway onramp and have some gas sensors and cameras. As your car passes through the setup it measures a sample of the gasses your car is releasing and if you are putting out too much bad stuff (I.e. test pipe cars) they snap a pic and then im not sure if they send you a ticket or require you to go to a testing center.

HFC cars should be ok, not 100% sure. Test pipe cars will fail. You can try to get around them by just coasting by at idle... preferably at a high enough speed that you don't give them a good sample.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote