View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 01:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
k20z3
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 Civic SI HFP
k20z3 has a reputation beyond reputek20z3 has a reputation beyond reputek20z3 has a reputation beyond reputek20z3 has a reputation beyond reputek20z3 has a reputation beyond reputek20z3 has a reputation beyond reputek20z3 has a reputation beyond reputek20z3 has a reputation beyond reputek20z3 has a reputation beyond reputek20z3 has a reputation beyond reputek20z3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
Hey guys,

I'm helping my uncle start a new restaurant and I took on the role of making the menu. I'm thinking of buying the Canon T1i with the stock 18-55mm lens to take pictures of the food. Is the T1i with the stock lens a sufficient weapon of choice for this job? I'm assuming it will be more than enough for this role, but wanted your inputs. Macros is probably the only setting I'll be messing with. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Tim
I've done product you can check my website Clint Earhart Fashion Photographer > latest news thats one of my shots I've done (Grey Goose). However, I like using primes for DETAIL, they are sharper, quicker, and better color in my opinion. I would suggest 50mm 1.2 (if you had the money or the 100mm 2.8 L lens. Best in my opinon, but you have to becareful of the magnification issue.

ALSO LIGHTING IS ESSENTIAL!

IF you odnt have lighting buy my Profoto D1 250 strobes from me!

But you need good lighting, show texture side light it. Bump your (K) temperature up from 6000k (Flash) to a littler warmer to add a "Warm" feeling to the meal, I always like food shots that are warm and inviting.

Lighting is essentially the key shot to getting your food great, selective focus try to knock the unimportant food from the dish out just a little bit, work with PRESENTATION. '

Hopefully that helps!

- Clint

2006 RALLYE RED HONDA CIVIC SI HFP
Clint's Helpful Photoshop Hints!
k20z3 is offline   Reply With Quote