View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #43 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by draper View Post
Megan,

your dyno number before your CAI was installed was 280 (with stock intake),
and you got 299 after install and tune.

Do you think you would've gained similar numbers if you had Gen 3 installed and tuned after dyno at 280?
if you compare both CAI , I would say my CAI would perform better and give a slight increase of power .

Remember I went on the car with a not fully tuned ECU with the new mods.
since my CAI has a bigger MAF Tube , the MAF table need to be tuned .
its not an easy process during winter time with the street tuning that I'm doing (slippery sometime and always in the lookout for cops and other witness).

with a complete tune, I'm positive that gain will be half more than the Stillen Gen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by draper View Post
And also given the fact that you had your own, similar to Motordyne, intake manifold was installed but you didn't have a chance to tune it, your 299 also accounts for the 'intake manifold with tune'
I wouldn't give much credit to the intake manifold , the reason being other peoples with the M370 that has test pipe and/or an efficient exhaust lost peak power but showed the normal gain in the mid-range .
and even those with HFC did not gain much anyway because the M370 shift the peak torque point at a lower RPM range ,
lower torque = lower HP
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote