View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #222 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
Didn't carbon signal say these would not extract hot air from the engine bay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by docaam View Post
They think that, but then there is no harm in cross checking isint, as usually I havent seen fenders getting hot like hood so most probably they are right there is no air going out but as now there are scoops so lets see

I am just assuming if you look at the pictures where fender is removed and CS painted the body black there are some big holes so there might be possibility that hot air will come out from there, and next week my TS hood will be on, it will be nice to review it again then as well.
Its not to extract hot air from the engine bay...its to relieve a high pressure zone that forms around the wheel wells and under the car. That causes unwanted drag and lift at speed. That means that is is bad aerodynamically. This is why almost all closed-wheel sports cars and a lot of supercars have louvered fenders or big empty space behind them (i.e. the Carrera GT). If you have the fenderwell closed off, then the vents on your fender make NO difference aerodynamically. You need to relieve this high pressure zone by make air flow freely through the wheel area. This also helps cool down the brakes because there is more air flow going over the components.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote